Method Community

Email templates - customization to a specific user

Last post 06-26-2013 4:02 PM by DavidD. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-26-2013 2:27 PM

Email templates - customization to a specific user

I am the admin.  I have customized the email templats to my liking (for the most part haha)  Now how do I as a user further customize any specific email template so that it sends from my personal address, without changing the master template?

Or I thought of another option that may suffice my needs if its possible.........can I add a 'field name' to the body of the email template that will insert the email address of the user that is sending out the specific email template?   My thoughts were I could add some language like this to the template that says...."If you have any questions regarding your invoice please contact (field name for user which would insert their name) at (field name for phone number of user) or message at (field name for email address of user). 
    If option #2 is possible, what are the field names i can use to reference that?  

My goal is to make these email templates have all of the information of the user who is sending them out and not the generic contact info of the company.   Thanks again for your help, you guys are keeping me moving forward!

• 06-26-2013 2:41 PM In reply to

Re: Email templates - customization to a specific user

Answer

Hi David,

You can setup your users up to use their own user specific email preferences.  You can do this in step 2 of the edit user wizards under Customize > Users.  See the screen below:

Hope this helps.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 06-26-2013 4:02 PM In reply to

Re: Email templates - customization to a specific user

Perfect info, thanks again!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)