Method Community

How set PARAMETER on Report Design?

Last post 02-01-2012 12:01 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-31-2012 1:37 PM

How set PARAMETER on Report Design?

I'm new to the community and product, and I was wondering if there was any instruction on the report designer tools besides the web casts out there?  I have used those. 

Specifically, how do I set a parameter for a report?  I'm running a report to show Opportunities and Activities and I don't want CLOSE LOST or CLOSED WON Opportunity Stage to show in the report??

• 02-01-2012 12:01 PM In reply to

Re: How set PARAMETER on Report Design?

Answer

Hi Abbie Sherman,

Here are the steps to ensure that these stages don't show up in the report:

1. In the "Generate Report" action, click on the dropdown beside the "Report" label and choose the report that you want to generate. This report has to include the Opportunity table. 
    2. In the "Filter Report" section, click on the dropdown beside the "Tables of Report" label and select the table Opportunity
    3. In the same secton, click on the dropdown beside the "Fields in Table" label and select the field OpportunityStage
    4. In the same secton, click on the dropdown beside the "Condition Statement" label and select the option for Does not contain.
    5. In the same secton, click on the dropdown beside the "From" label and select the option for Type In. Type in Closed Lost.
    6. Click on the "and where" link.
    7. Click on the dropdown beside the "Where Field" label and select the field OpportunityStage.
    8. Click on the dropdown beside the "value is" label and select the option for Type in. Type in Closed Won.

I hope that this helps. 

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)