Method Community

IE9, Full Syncing, Changes Only Syncing Issues

Last post 03-15-2012 8:53 AM by Method_Valbon. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-14-2012 8:23 AM

IE9, Full Syncing, Changes Only Syncing Issues

Hi!

Ok, issue #1. With IE9, I seem to be unable to do a full sync, and a method rep also had the same issue.

Issue #2, I can sync using the icon beside CRM using IE9, but this does a changes only sync.

Issue #3, My quickbooks chart of accounts isn't syncing on a changes only sync. It's changing only on a full sync. This is a big issue for us as we rely on the chart of accounts for some of our processes.

Issue #4, This is more of a question. How does the daily full sync work, does someone need to be logged in?

Thanks!

• 03-14-2012 9:41 AM In reply to

Re: IE9, Full Syncing, Changes Only Syncing Issues

Issue #1 - The browser should have nothing to do with the sync - providing the sync *starts* everything after that is browser-independant. 

Issue #2 - I'm assuming you have QuickBooks Online (rather than desktop) since you have a sync icon, correct?  If so, the sync icon does only initiate a changes-only sync.  But that's okay. The full sync shouldn't really be necessary, since the changes-only sync grabs everything that changed since your last sync.  To initiate a full sync manually, just go to QuickBooks > Synchronize, and click the "Sync now..." button next to the Full Sync (i.e. the first of the two Sync now buttons).

Issue #3 - I just tried this on my end and it worked for me.  But we might be doing different steps. Here's what I did, I edited the description of an existing Chart of Account in QuickBooks Online, and then clicked the sync icon in Method CRM.  The result of the changes-only sync gave me "1 Account modification(s)", which was what I was expecting.  Can you let me know what steps you are taking, so that I can try those out?

Issue #4 - Nope, you don't need to be logged in.  It is what's called an "unattended process".  So here is how syncing works for QuickBooks Online:

a) When you change or add something in Method CRM, it will instantly go into QuickBooks Online.

b) When you change or add something in QuickBooks Online, we won't hear it right away.  But Method is constantly doing a changes-only sync behind the scenes for you, and every 30 minutes or so it will find any changes in QuickBooks Online and bring them over into your Method CRM account.

c) In the middle of the night, at the time you select as your full sync time, it will be queued to do a complete full sync, where it checks and compares every record in QuickBooks Online to make sure we didn't miss anything.  This is actually not needed, and might be phased out in the future.

I hope that helps.  Please get back to me on Issue #3 so that I can try to duplicate.

Paul

• 03-14-2012 10:04 AM In reply to

Issue #1, The full sync won't start using IE9. Talk to Valbon Shaboni, he had the same issue on his end. We couldn't get a manual full sync to work using IE9. I had to resort to Firefox.

Issue #2, Yes, I do have QBO.

Issue #3, When I change a balance on the account, a changes only sync isn't seeing that. I end up having to do a full sync, and because of IE9, that's another issue. The concern is data will be out of date for a period of time, and a changes only sync should do the trick, but it's not.

Issue #4, this is strange, because it said the last full sync before yesterday when I ran it manually was March 8th. I'm assuming this means that the daily full sync had failed between March 8th, and the 13th of March.

b) I see the changes only syncing going, but it's not pulling over the balances on the chart of accounts. IE, I created an account first with $0.00 balance. I waiting, then I changed the balance to $10.00. On Methods side, it performed two automatic changes syncs, and didn't change the balance, and then I performed a manual changes only sync and it still didn't change the balance in Method. It didn't fix itself until I did a full sync.

If you have time, I'll email you my phone number, and we can do a gotomeeting and take a look at it. I can show you exactly what is occurring.

Thanks!

• 03-14-2012 10:16 AM In reply to

Hi!

For Issue #4, for further testing, at 10:50AM EST, I set it to sync at 11:00AM EST. It's 11:15AM EST and it still hasn't shown that the last full sync was performed today. Due to little data, my full syncs are only taking about 30 seconds to run.

Thanks!

• 03-14-2012 10:21 AM In reply to

Hey Paul!

I've sent you an email with my phone number, I've got a perfect case of the issue between account balances and how method isn't picking up the change through a changes only sync. All we need to do is a gotomeeting, and I can easily show you exactly what it's doing (or in this case, not doing).

Thanks!

• 03-14-2012 1:28 PM In reply to

hycari,

Since I was able to replicate this on my end (not being able to click Sync Now), I've gone ahead and created an internal ticket to make sure our team looks into this. I'll post back here to update you once I know more. Thanks

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 03-14-2012 1:52 PM In reply to

Val,

The syncing issue with IE9 is one piece. What about the changes only syncing not getting the account balance within the chart of accounts?

Thanks!

• 03-15-2012 8:53 AM In reply to

hycari,

Bare with me as I'm about to simply our sync process and strip out everything but whats relevant to you and this post. You can refers back above to the response from Method_Paul for a bit more.

In order for you to grab the changes to balance from your chart of accounts, all full sync should not be necessary but we've both confirmed it works. The changes-only sync should be grabbing everything that changed since your last sync.

We had our team double check and our sync is actually doing everything its supposed to by searching for anything that has been flagged by QB Online as changed. The problem is QB Online is not "flagging" changes in balance. So when our changes-only sync goes out searching can't find results. This where the full sync does work though.

Our team is currently working with Intuit to determine if they intend to flag these kinds of changes in QB or not which would be ideal. At the same time we're currently searching for other options as well.

We'll keep you posted once we hear back from Intuit or learn more on our end.

Thanks

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)