Method Community

Payment Button on portal

Last post 03-18-2012 9:12 PM by Method_Paul. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-14-2012 7:30 PM

Payment Button on portal

We use a processor and gateway that is not supported by MethodCRM current gateways, and I read somewhere you do not modify gateways which is fine. I am basically looking for a way that will allow me create a button on the portal screen that say "Pay" and the link is custom that carries the balance that needs to be paid.

Any help in the right direction will be great,

TIA

• 03-14-2012 9:26 PM In reply to

Re: Payment Button on portal

Out of interest, who is your provider?  And do you know if they support Authorize.NET Emulation (basically where other providers have the same API settings as Authorize.NET so that it is easy for developers to migrate).  

We have another user asking right now for Authorize.NET Emulation.

Paul

• 03-15-2012 10:51 AM In reply to

We use transfirst, they are both a processor and a gateway.  They do support Authorize.net, but that would be another layer of fees that we want to avoid. We have the API integration already complete with TransFirst, now we simply need a button on the portal that links to a custom URL that includes the amount we need to charge.

• 03-15-2012 11:15 AM In reply to

You might try a combination of the WebPageWindow object (http://www.methodintegration.com/method/kb.aspx?folder=LaCrewsBSP&article=WebPageWindow&id=15) and LoadWebPage action (http://www.methodintegration.com/method/kb.aspx?folder=LaCrewsBSP&article=LoadWebPage&id=14).

Using a series of actions you can concatenate up a URL with appropriate query string.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 03-15-2012 12:04 PM In reply to

CF_Pro - I suggest asking TransFirst to see if they offer a URL for "Authorize.net emulation".

If they do, and if we actually implement the Authorize.net emulation feature, then you wouldn't have to do any work arounds. You would just choose the Authorize.net option, and then point the URL to the TransFirst URL that has the emulated gateway.

Make sense?

The problem with opening a new web page window is that after you process the payment, someone still has to manually record the payment in Method or QuickBooks.  But if you are able to use the built in features, when the payment gets successfully processed by your provider, we automatically create a payment for QuickBooks.

Paul

• 03-15-2012 12:15 PM In reply to

When do you think realistically you guys can modify your payment gateway solution to support Authorize.net emulation with a customer URL?

I did not think that was a possiblity so that is why I dove straight into a custom solution.

If transfirst does not support Authorize.net emulation (I will find out), then were back to square one. I have no problem in updating method and QB using the API... I am very familiar with using API's

• 03-15-2012 2:54 PM In reply to

Answer

CF_Pro - I checked, and good news.  They did a quick discovery session to see what would be involved, and ended up getting it pretty much ready to go.  That's rare - it just means it was very easy to put in.

So it's currently in the "labs" which means it has to go through testing, and then to the staging site, and then live.  It currently looks like the next staging publish could be as early as March 22nd, but that's just a target at this point.  Once it is on the staging site, you'll be able to try it out yourself.

Paul

• 03-15-2012 6:26 PM In reply to

Great, I have a ticket in with transfirst to see if they support emulation, I found an article in 2006 that they are working on authorize.net emulation, so hopefully they finished that project.

Another question concerning Gateways, when adding a gateway it says:

"The Account Name is a representation of your selected account; for example, you may have two PayPal Accounts: "PayPal Canada" and "PayPal USA"."

However, I do not see any Paypal gateways... I would like to support Paypal as a method of payment.

• 03-15-2012 6:34 PM In reply to

I noticed in the API you supportg PSIGate, and ElectraCash, but I do not see authorize.net.

In addition we are in need of ACH transactions as well, does Method ask for checking account info as a method of payment, or just credit cards?

TIA

• 03-16-2012 4:48 PM In reply to

@CF_Pro - regarding the PayPal - that's a little embarrassing.  We had intended to support PayPal with the Intuit and Authorize.NET launch, but it got dropped (technical limitations with not being able to easily call their API from a web service instead of a full page redirect).  Apparently, part of the specs had PayPal in the descriptions, and nobody has noticed or brought it up.  We'll correct it on our end for the next update.  We still plan on integrating with PayPal in the future, but have no ETA.

Paul

• 03-18-2012 9:12 PM In reply to

Answer

@CF_Pro - 

With regards to supporting Intuit Merchant Services and Authorize.NET with the API - I have answered that on the API forum for you (link below), as we want to keep API questions on the API forum, so we don't scare all the non-coders!! :)

http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/forums/p/3011/11413.aspx#11413

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)