Method Community

Upgrading to QB Enterprise from Pro

Last post 03-26-2012 2:32 PM by Innovative. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-26-2012 8:09 AM

Upgrading to QB Enterprise from Pro

Please help me withe the following questions:.

• I need to quickly upgrade to enterprise because of file size restrictions is there anything i need to do to makes sure there are know glitches with method?
    • I also was told in Enterprise i can have 2 company files open at same time, if this is the case can method sync to 2 seperate company files at same time 2 seperate buisnesses, if so this would be very helpful.
  • 03-26-2012 2:10 PM In reply to

Re: Upgrading to QB Enterprise from Pro

Answer

@Innovative - 

"I need to quickly upgrade to enterprise because of file size restrictions is there anything i need to do to makes sure there are know glitches with method?"

- It *should* be fine.  Method syncs based on the ID numbers that are on QuickBooks.  And as long as these don't change during the upgrade then Method won't even be aware that anything has changed at all. Specifically for lists, like Customers, there is an internal ListID field in QuickBooks, and for transactions, like Invoices, there is a TxnID field in QuickBooks.

- I say "should" because in rare situations we have seen bad upgrades where the ListIDs and TxnIDs change.  I believe we've only seen this on some of the original QB Enterprise conversions for QuickBooks Canada, and for major version changes in QuickBooks Australia.  I don't remember ever seeing problems with the US version.

"I also was told in Enterprise i can have 2 company files open at same time, if this is the case can method sync to 2 seperate company files at same time 2 seperate buisnesses, if so this would be very helpful."

-Yes, you can have two QB files open.  When you do this, QuickBooks designates one as "Primary" and one as "Secondary".  Method (and all 3rd party applications like Method for that matter), only take notice of the Primary QuickBooks file.  So Method will not be able to sync with multiple files at the same time, just the primary one.

Paul

• 03-26-2012 2:32 PM In reply to

Re: Upgrading to QB Enterprise from Pro

okay,

I will make sure i make note of these id#s when upgrading.  When 2 files are open at same time can the primary be switched?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)