Method Community

Data Base Questions

Last post 07-23-2012 11:03 AM by Anonymous. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-18-2012 11:57 PM

• kvera
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-19-2012
    • Posts 4

Data Base Questions

Hello everyone, I am new to Method and I am trying to customize my CRM to my company's needs. I am somewhat familiar with SQL and wanted to know if this is a SQL based database. If it is where do I add my original list of sales reps, because on my "New Leads" page the system will not allow me to add a new sales rep. from the drop down option. If this system is SQL based this means that sales reps has its own table and has key restraints that would not allow me to edit sales reps except on the Original sales rep table. I think once I figure out where the sales rep table is stored this will help me with the other drop down options and adding to those tables as well. Thanks!

• 07-19-2012 9:20 AM In reply to

Re: Data Base Questions

Answer

First up, welcome to Method!

If you're familar with SQL then you should be happy with the customization possible in Method - we are SQL based.  You can add new sales reps in Method under the QuickBooks tab group > Lists.  There are some limitations from the QuickBooks SDK which is stated at the top of this page:

Due to a limitation of the QuickBooks Software Development Kit, you are only able to create new Sales Reps through Method. If you'd like to edit or delete a Sales Rep, you'll need to do this in QuickBooks.

Post back if you have any other questions,

~C

• 07-19-2012 11:00 PM In reply to

• kvera
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-19-2012
    • Posts 4

Chad, Thanks for your response...I am either extreemly tired or don't have the correct permissions on the user that was created for me, but I still cannot find where you are add the sales rep names so that they will show up in the drop down. When I go to my method account if I choose the "QuickBooks" tab the only options are Sync, Resolve Conflicts, Audit Trail, and Scheduled Reports, and if I choose the "Customize" screen and choose "Tab Groups" I am only able to change the actual settings of the "Tab Groups" and not the actual table "SalesRep." I cannot find the QuickBooks Tab Group Lists that will allow me to ADD a sales rep to the table/drop down. Help... Thanks

KV

• 07-20-2012 8:02 AM In reply to

kvera:
    but I still cannot find where you are add the sales rep names so that they will show up in the drop down.

Hi Kvera,

Tab groups is our term for the drop down menu to the left of your username (located top right).  In this drop down you should have an option for QuickBooks.  Once you switch tab groups you should get a new list of tabs, from here you'll want to select the tab Lists > Sales Rep.

~C

• 07-20-2012 8:29 AM In reply to

kvera:
    or don't have the correct permissions on the user that was created for me

If it's a permission problem then the admin user can grant you access to this tab group by going to Customize > Tab Groups and clicking Edit... on the QuickBooks tab group.  The first step here will allow you to grant access to this tab group per user.  When you make this change just make sure the user you granted access to logs out then logs back in to see the newly added tab group.

~C

• 07-20-2012 10:46 AM In reply to

• kvera
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-19-2012
    • Posts 4

This is the error I get when I go to the Sales Rep Tab under the Quickbooks drop down where you said:

Error on Save. The SalesRepName DropDown containing Tony Larson, is not a selectable value.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:4

Now what??

Thanks

• 07-20-2012 2:34 PM In reply to

Answer

kvera:
    This is the error I get when I go to the Sales Rep Tab under the Quickbooks drop down where you said

I can generate that error if I type in a Name instead of selecting one from the list.  If you use the arrow and select a sales rep from the list (and type in the initials) you shouldn't receive an error on save.  I just tested my own page and it's working as it should.  That name field should be an identical match so make sure you're not typing in anything here.

~C 

• 07-20-2012 7:19 PM In reply to

• kvera
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-19-2012
    • Posts 4

Okay so I did some digging around and when I go to the Customize > Table/fields > SalesRep and choose SalesRep to edit, it brings a screen that has the names of all the fields on the table Sales Rep, however the SalesRepName is underlined in blue, and when I hover over it I get the following message "Displaying fields from the FullName field on the Entity Table." This leads me to believe that the drop down that I see when trying to populate SalesRep is a display only and that is pulling from the Entity Table, is this correct? I still cannot for the life of me ADD a simple sales rep name to the salesrep drop down! I have followed everything you have suggested and still I cannot get the results I want. Do you know if this could be an issue since I am on the trial period of Method?? Thanks again for your help.

• 07-20-2012 8:33 PM In reply to

@Kvera - you shouldn't have to edit the table properties to add a new sales rep.  I guess the bigger question is, have you linked this to QuickBooks yet?  If not, that's the first step.

• 07-23-2012 11:03 AM In reply to

Answer

kvera:
    Do you know if this could be an issue since I am on the trial period of Method?

Definitely not.  To follow up on Danny's post I think you need to preform a sync to see the data you're missing.  On the Sales Rep screen, the Name field should show you a list of the all the people who you can add as sales reps - this information comes directly from your QuickBooks data so if you haven't performed a sync then this list is probably blank for you.  After a sync you should see this field populated and you should be able to add a sales rep.

HPH.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)