Method Community

Question about removing fields to downgrade to Method CRM

Last post 10-03-2012 8:37 AM by dottie. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-02-2012 1:56 PM

Question about removing fields to downgrade to Method CRM

In order to downgrade to Method CRM from Method CRM pro I have to remove some tables that I didnt know were only avail. for the pro version. I already deleted 1 called projectmanager with all its account references and I have to delete 2 more.

1 of the tables is the jobstatus which I tried to delete this table but it does not allow me because it is a table that comes from quickbooks which makes sense, so I dont understand why it says I have to delete this table when I cant.

Also the last one I have to delete is a feild called Alljobs. Im not sure what this field is, and why I have it. I am worried if I delete it, that it is the field that is called job of customer because I dont see that one there. If it is job of customer I think this is also a field that should be available with the reg. CRM version. Is there any way to verify this because I do not see the all jobs field in any of the screens.

• 10-02-2012 3:11 PM In reply to

Re: Question about removing fields to downgrade to Method CRM

Answer

dottie:
    1 of the tables is the jobstatus which I tried to delete this table but it does not allow me because it is a table that comes from quickbooks which makes sense, so I dont understand why it says I have to delete this table when I cant.

Hi Dottie, the popup messages are probably telling you to delete a link in the JobStatus table and not the table itself.  JobStatus is a stock table from QuickBooks and should only have one field - JobStatus.  If you have other fields in this table then you might need to delete those.  You won't be able to delete this table.

dottie:
    Im not sure what this field is, and why I have it.

If you're confused about what the field is I recommend exporting the table to see what's in it - you may not be using it at all.

dottie:
    Is there any way to verify this because I do not see the all jobs field in any of the screens.

Do the export above and see what information is there - then review any custom screens you made to see if it's used.  There's a trick in the screen designer to help you see a summary, open your custom screen and right click in the designer area then click the show summary link.  This will give you an overview of the screen including all actions and fields being used.

If you're still stuck on the downgrade process post up again and I'll try to walk you through it.

~C

• 10-03-2012 7:20 AM In reply to

I deleted the alljobs table successfully and it did not interfere with any of my customization. However, the job status table only has 1 field which is jobstatus as you mentioned and there isnt another jobstatus anywhere. I cant switch over because I get a pop up that I still need to remove the jobstatus table. I exported all the customized screens and looked at everything and there is nothing else I can remove that indicates job status.

• 10-03-2012 8:04 AM In reply to

Do you by chance have 2 jobstatus tables in your table list?  

~C

• 10-03-2012 8:37 AM In reply to

No I only have 1 and its the 1 that I cant delete

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)