Method Community

Google Calendar Integration live now?

Last post 10-04-2012 10:08 AM by Method_Paul. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-23-2012 3:38 AM

Google Calendar Integration live now?

I wantedvto sign up for the trial but wanted to wait until the Google Calendar integration is functioning as this is a vital part for our company?

Any news about that?

• 09-23-2012 11:35 AM In reply to

Re: Google Calendar Integration live now?

Answer

@MrDigitronic -

It's on the "September" version, but this is still only being used internally. It will likely hit the staging site this Thursday the 27th (pushed back from the orignal plan of the 20th). Right now, all non-internal users are on the August version.

When it does come out, you'll need to click on the "September" version link at the bottom of the sign-in screen in order to use that version - you see, when we have a new version we preview it side by side with the current version for a week or two.

To be notified of the release, I suggest signing up fro the RSS feed of the Release Notes here: http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/blogs/releasenotes/default.aspx

HTHs,

Paul

• 09-25-2012 6:03 PM In reply to

@MrDigitronic - the September version is now available.

Here's the help center article on the Google Calendar:

http://www.methodintegration.com/method/kb.aspx?folder=methodcrm&article=How-Google-Calendar-sync-works&id=214

Paul

• 10-03-2012 8:20 AM In reply to

Thanks,

Another couple of questions:

1) How does Method deal with multiple Google calendars? The way we do it now is we have 4 Google calendars setup. 3 calendars with one used for each crew that only that crew has access to. The fourth one basically is a combination of the 3 crew calendars that I use. I can go in and create a task for one particular crew. It will then display in that color in my calendar and only show up in that particular crews calendar.

Will it be possible to have the same functionality using the Method/Google calendar integration or is there a better way to do it? The key thing is that we need to keep the calendars seperate for each crew, but at the same time have one Master calendar for scheduling.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Fredrik

• 10-03-2012 11:14 PM In reply to

Bump

• 10-04-2012 10:08 AM In reply to

@MrDigitronic -

Method creates a new Google Calendar, one per Method user. That Google Calendar syncs with the user's calendar in Method. In your case, I imagine you'll have your User setup as the crew leader. So for each crew leader you'll schedule a work order in Method, and it will sync to the corresponding Google Calendar. In Method you can see work orders for multiple users at the same time in the same calendar. In Google, you can show appointments for multiple calendars all at once.

The creation of the Google Calendar is explained here:

http://www.methodintegration.com/method/kb.aspx?folder=methodcrm&article=How-Google-Calendar-sync-works&id=214#whyanewgooglecalendar

Have you got your Method syncing with Google Calendar yet? Did you have any troubles?

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)