Method Community

Remove Quantity and Cost columns from estimates and invoices

Last post 10-17-2012 10:45 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-16-2012 5:52 PM

• RichS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-16-2012
    • Posts 1

Remove Quantity and Cost columns from estimates and invoices

Hello, Just started practice runs today.  I need to remove the quantity and cost columns from the estimate and invoice forms.  We don't do quantity pricing. We do stuff like - clean living room carpet $150.00.   Clean upholstery on sofa $150.00.  How can I remove them?  Also how do I add a separate Ship To Address box to estimates and invoices?

• 10-17-2012 10:45 AM In reply to

Re: Remove Quantity and Cost columns from estimates and invoices

Answer

Hi RichS,

RichS:
    Hello, Just started practice runs today.

First up, welcome to Method!

RichS:
    I need to remove the quantity and cost columns from the estimate and invoice forms.

You'll need to make a copy of the QuickBooks_Invoice screen but I recommend reviewing our intro to customizing webinar here.  It's a good idea to get familiar with the terms and concepts in our screen designer before jumping right in.  To create a copy and delete those columns follow these steps:

1. Click Customize > Screens and look for the screen QuickBooks_Invoice
    2. Rollover the screen and click Copy:
       - step 1: select This account 
       - step 2: click next
       - step 3: select Do not add a tab link
    3. Once that's finished find your new copy and click Edit.
    4. Scroll down a little and look for the InvoiceLineItem grid, click the little edit button in the top right:
       - step 1: click next
       - step 2: click delete on the columns you want to remove: Qty and Amount then click Finish
    5. Next Click Save & Close.
    6. Find your screen again in the list here then click View

You can preview the changes you made and test the screen from this popup to make sure it looks the way you want.

RichS:
    Also how do I add a separate Ship To Address box to estimates and invoices?
    Are you looking to add another shipping address OR just looking for an additional input box for the ship to address like this:
    Let me know if you get stuck anywhere.
    ~C
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)