Method Community

Report Filters for Multiple Tables

Last post 10-18-2012 1:55 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-18-2012 9:45 AM

Report Filters for Multiple Tables

I'm still trying to build a report the way I want. I'm currently filtering a report with a list of RecordIDs for the Activity table. However, in the report I have also have the JobItems table unattached. I'm trying to filter this table from the Generate Report action as well.

Is this possible? Can I send in filter criteria for multiple tables in a report?

I really don't think I'm trying to do anything crazy here...simply showing a handful of related line items across multiple "master" records.

At this point, I'm getting really close to creating a custom report table structure on the fly to report from.

Thanks

Blake C
  • 10-18-2012 1:55 PM In reply to

Re: Report Filters for Multiple Tables

Answer

Blake C:
    Is this possible? Can I send in filter criteria for multiple tables in a report?

No.  Through the Generate Report action you can only filter on one table but you do have access to add a Where clause.  What you might be able to do is filter jobitems on the detail report level?

And if you needed to filter based on criteria from a Method screen then create a custom field in your ActivityJobItems table, populate it before the generate report action, then pull that data out to use as criteria for your filter.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)