Method Community

Getting completed work order to create invoices in Quickbooks

Last post 11-20-2012 4:27 PM by tom. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-20-2012 11:34 AM

• tom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-20-2012
    • Posts 19

Getting completed work order to create invoices in Quickbooks

After completing a work order and instructing the item to be billed, it is unclear how to effective generate the invoice in Quickbooks.

We have not been able to find a solution, can someone advise or direct me to the proper procedures for getting completeed workorders to sync and issue billable invoices.

thanks

tom

• 11-20-2012 1:14 PM In reply to

Re: Getting completed work order to create invoices in Quickbooks

Hi Tom,

Just so I'm understanding correctly, are you trying to create an invoice from a work order in Method?  If so, in the work order screen for Method, if you click the Activities button you are presented with a list of activities you can associate with the work order.  One of those activities is Create Invoice and it will create the invoice for that work order for you.  Those invoices will be reflected into Quickbooks.  Also make sure the invoice type is set to "To be invoiced".

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 11-20-2012 2:12 PM In reply to

• tom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-20-2012
    • Posts 19

You understand correctly; however, when I do as you have suggested the invoice does not post to quickbooks accounts receivable as it should. What am I missing. The invoice is created and is printed. We were advised that these items would posterd to quickbook without any additional syncing.

• 11-20-2012 2:52 PM In reply to

• tom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-20-2012
    • Posts 19

One more thing...it seems no financial data at all is passing between method and quickbooks. All customer data goes fine but work orders and invoices created in the method portal do not get passed to quickbooks.

Please respond.

• 11-20-2012 3:49 PM In reply to

Hi Tom,

There are a couple of possible reasons for this.  One could be conflicts.  Go to the Quickbooks tab > Resolve Conflicts.   If there are any conflicts there, those need to be resolved, especially if they are invoice conflicts as they may be preventing QB from syncing.  A good way to troubleshoot conflicts is to Google the first line of the conflict.  It's a good way to trace where the conflict is occurring.  

Second, check that 'Wait for Sync Approval' is not checked when creating the invoice.  Invoices with this checked will not sync until they are approved.  If you're in Field Services, there is also preference setting 'Set Wait for Sync Approval'.  This will also prevent the invoices from syncing.  

You at least seeing the invoices in Method correct? 

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 11-20-2012 3:58 PM In reply to

• tom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-20-2012
    • Posts 19

yes theyt appear as non posted transactions

• 11-20-2012 4:27 PM In reply to

• tom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-20-2012
    • Posts 19

Answer

There are no present conflicts...

All wait for syn sync approval settings were unchecked.

Everything has been selected as you stated. Each invoice I created goes to the non posted list which is growing

When I attempt to force a sync, nothing happens and the following statements remain the same.

Full Synchronization
    Last performed Nov-06-2012 03:32 AM on computer DC-02 IP Address 5     
    Changes-Only Synchronization
    Last performed Nov-07-2012 03:54 PM on computer DC-02 IP Address   
    Method PUSH™
    Status: Success on 69.198.111.125:3731 since Nov-07-2012 04:10 PM

Please advise as I find nothing to explain how to proceed

tom

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)