Method Community

Editing Work Order Forms

Last post 02-22-2013 1:17 PM by PerrysburgSealcoating. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-20-2013 3:45 PM

Editing Work Order Forms

I am trying to customize my work order forms with the report designer and am having some problems. I would like to include a table that has areas for technicians to write down some job costing information such as time and material tacking. I seem to be getting the hang of that part but I would also like to be abe to add a picture to the form. The picture is going to be different each time I assing a work order. Is there a way in report designer to hav ea way to add a picture right to the form?

• 02-21-2013 10:10 AM In reply to

Re: Editing Work Order Forms

Answer

Hi,

You can add a picture to the report using the picture box field.  However, just so I understand correctly, do you want to dynamically add a different pic to each report when you print?  

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-21-2013 10:19 AM In reply to

Yes, I guess dynamically adding pictures to the form is what I am after. I would hate to have to open the report designer each time in order to add a picture as the pictures being added would be changing everytime the work order was created. Is there a way to do this?

• 02-21-2013 10:30 AM In reply to

I've never done this type of customization before so I would have to test it out.  Is the picture related to something?  Say for instance, you had 200 different work orders.  Would you like to add 200 different pictures?  Or would you just have 10 or so that you would use depending on the customer or technician?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-21-2013 12:20 PM In reply to

Answer

Here's how you can go about dynamically adding pictures.  

First you'll need to add a "Picture" field to the Activity table in Method. Make sure the field type is picture.  You can then create a custom Work Order screen that includes this field.  This will allow you to upload a picture and attach it directly into the work order.  You can then use the data bind field in your report to bind that field to the picture object in the report. You can even drag and drop the field from the field list of the report.  Now, when you now print your report, the pic you uploaded from the Method screen will show on the printed work order.  

I've included some screens to show you what this looks like.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-22-2013 1:17 PM In reply to

Thanks for the help. I am going to try this today.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)