Method Community

Editing New Activity Notifications

Last post 03-26-2013 11:46 AM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-26-2013 9:41 AM

Editing New Activity Notifications

What screen is associated with the New Activity Notifications ie. the email that is sent out to notify an employee that an activity has been assigned to them with the minimum contact details of the customer it is associated with. What I want to be able to do is edit what information is sent out in that email notification. Is this even possible?

Matt

• 03-26-2013 9:55 AM In reply to

Re: Editing New Activity Notifications

Specifically I would like to be able to display the company name in this email notification not just the contact name. I found the email template for this notification but now I cannot make the company name be displayed.

Matt

• 03-26-2013 11:29 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Matt,

The activity notifications are sent using actions on the Save buttons.  If you edit the save button and take a look at the actions, you'll see conditional statements that check to see if the user has checked the send  email notification option.  If this is checked, another action set is called that sends the email.

Now going back to your goal of changing the the email template, the action set that sends the email uses something called merge fields.  Merge fields is a character function that allow you to replace fields in the email template with specific values from a table depending on what is being called (ie. the contact name from the Contacts table).  In your case, you'll want to modify the email template to include a merge field for the company name.  You can find more info about merge fields on our Help Center.  Below is an example of how merge fields are used to change the values in an email:

In the above example, this action is replacing the email subject with a value from the Activity table.  A merge field consists of a table name and field name (Contacts.FirstName as an example).  When used with the character function is replaces Contacts.FirstName with the actual first name of the recordID being used on the screen.

Hope this helps.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 03-26-2013 11:46 AM In reply to

Answer

Matt,

I read through the above and may have included much more information thatn you really needed.  In your case, to simply add the company name to the email template, you will just need to add Activity.EntityCompanyName (this is the merge field) to you email template.  The actions to replace this field are already included on the save button.  Just make sure to also change the email template being called by clicking the More button > Choose email template to select your custom template.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)