Method Community

Data Entry is very slow

Last post 11-26-2009 1:04 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2009 12:42 PM

Data Entry is very slow

Hi Ryan,

We've finished with inventory and now I'm back to getting us set up in Method. I'm setting up bins (standard bins) for the items that we have in stock so that I can transfer the inventory from the receiving bins into the standard bins. This is the correct next step, right?

What I'm finding is that the data entry speed is extremely slow. I understand that we have a lot of items, but it seems like if I enter the entire item number, then method should not have to search for it and the speed should get faster?? It's taking me between one & two minutes to set up each new bin. Also, the system will not let me move faster than it and then wait at the end of each new bin creation for it to catch up. If I do this, it:

A. Tabs into the incorrect next field

B. enters the WRONG item number

C. enters the bin date without the slashes between the day/month and month/year.

This is going to take forever if I have to enter 1500 of these just to get started. Can you give me any suggestions? Or, can you tell me whether this is normal or not? I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I spend the time setting all of these up. If this will be the norm, then I need to re-evaluate.

I really appreciate any feedback or tips you can send my way.

Cheers,

Sheila

• 11-26-2009 1:04 PM In reply to

Re: Data Entry is very slow

Hey Sheila,

You don’t need to create the standard bins, but I personally think it will help you with keeping track of items. You can create bins for every location you have that item stored in.

I find it odd that it's taking you 1 - 2 minutes to finish a bin, I'm able to create a bin in about 20 - 30 seconds.

What browser are you using?

We can look into your account but if it is something you have done that is slowing it down, we will need to book some consulting time to get the issue resolved. Of course if it’s the program that’s not functioning properly we will take care of that right away at no charge.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)