Method Community

reassigning and deleting recurring activities

Last post 05-08-2013 4:39 PM by Method_Adam. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-01-2013 11:16 AM

reassigning and deleting recurring activities

ahe answer to this is probably right under my nose but I have been having problems seeing it. I need to:

1. reassign an activity that is recurring so that all of that future activity are assigned to a new salesperson

2. delete an activity that is recurring so that all of that future activity are deleted

• 05-01-2013 12:50 PM In reply to

Re: reassigning and deleting recurring activities

Answer

Hi Scott,

To edit the series, you can click the Edit Series button link in the Work Orders List.  From there you can change the Assigned To person, as well as any other setting.  This will apply to all connected work orders.  You can also click the Activities... button and select "Delete and Close" to delete the series of work orders.

One thing to note is that once a change is made to an individual Work Order (like by clicking Edit instead of Edit Series), this will break the connection to the series. So all changes made to the series will no longer happen to that Work Order as the association was broken.  This is done to prevent any modifications made to one of the work orders in the series from being overwritten if the series is updated.

Hope this helps.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 05-06-2013 5:35 PM In reply to

I currently am using Method CRM for Quickbooks Desktop. Do I need to switch to the PRO version to be able to do this? I can't find Work Orders List in our CRM and everything I have seen says it is under Field Services and when I try to add that app it says switch to PRO. 

• 05-07-2013 8:37 AM In reply to

Hi Scott, 

You are correct.  You'll need to switch to the Pro version of Method to add apps like Field Services.  

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 05-07-2013 9:09 AM In reply to

So there is no other way to reassign tasks or delete them

Without a pro account? That seems a bit strange to me...

• 05-07-2013 9:26 AM In reply to

Scott,

Sorry, I meant that for installing Field Services you'll need to have a Pro account.  You can reassign or delete the recurring activities from our stock activity screen.  Just be sure to show the series by using the Filter By View to select "Shared Series" or "My Series".  Then click Go To.. and from there you can change the Assigned To or delete the series.  All connected activities will be updated or deleted.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 05-07-2013 10:11 AM In reply to

Thanks Adam!

I am sorry,misunderstood. I tried what you said and I am able to reassign the series, however, the occurrences do not reassign and still show up as assigned to the original person. Also, when I delete a series, the series is deleted but the occurrences are still there. 

• 05-07-2013 12:56 PM In reply to

Scott,

Were the occurrences updated individually in any way?  Even if the occurrence is opened and saved without any changes, this will break its connection to the series.  This is marked in a field in the Activity table called IsChangedOccurrence.  A good way to check would be to export the Activity table and include the IsChangedOccurrence field.  Then search for the activities that didn't update when you updated the series.  If the IsChangedOccurrence value is True for those records, than the activity was edited and the connection to the series was broken.

Check out our Import / Export Help Center article if you need help exporting.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 05-07-2013 2:47 PM In reply to

Thanks again Adam,

No they were not altered individuallyAnd every series I have tried has done this. So I am at a bit of a loss on why to do:(

• 05-07-2013 3:03 PM In reply to

Scott,

Could you enable the MethodSupport user on your account, and also email me your Method account name along with the activities at issue?  

To enable the MethodSupport user, go to Customize > Users and make sure the checkbox is checked next to the MethodSupport user.  I'd like to take a look and see what's going on.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 05-08-2013 12:04 PM In reply to

Adam,

Did you get the email I sent you? 

• 05-08-2013 12:44 PM In reply to

Hi Scott,

Yes I did.  I took a quick look last night and found that from the occurrences I looked at, all had been changed at some point.  The field "IsChangedOccurrence" was set to True.  This would be why you can't change them as a group/series anymore.  I want to dig a bit deeper to find out when and how they were updated.  I might be able to suggest something to prevent those changes in the future.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 05-08-2013 12:58 PM In reply to

Thanks Adam,

I have no idea how that would have happened because there are literally over a thousand of those and I know that neither I nor our two salespeople would have had time to do that:( so please if you can find out what is wrong I would really really really appreciate it!!!

• 05-08-2013 3:20 PM In reply to

Scott,

Quick question, do you use either the Outlook plugin (and calendar) or the Gmail calendar?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 05-08-2013 3:34 PM In reply to

No sir we do not.

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >