Method Community

What table do I have to access with the API to retreive the Line Items of a particular bill?

Last post 07-08-2013 1:10 PM by rmoultrup. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-08-2013 11:41 AM

What table do I have to access with the API to retreive the Line Items of a particular bill?

I need to know where the information that is being displayed as line items in a bill are stored in Method so that I can retrieve that data with the API.

Thanks,

Ryan

• 07-08-2013 11:55 AM In reply to

Re: What table do I have to access with the API to retreive the Line Items of a particular bill?

Hi Ryan

Depending on your needs there are 2 different tables where this information is stored, BillLineItem and BillLineExpense.  Knowing which one depends on how you are using QuickBooks.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 07-08-2013 12:18 PM In reply to

Re: What table do I have to access with the API to retreive the Line Items of a particular bill?

Okay, we have some bills synced with QB as examples. I found the line itmes in BillLineItem and am able to return the dataset with the API. However, the dataset returns all line items. How is the BillRecordID related to the bill or an individual Vendor?

I need to be able to pull all bills related to a Vendor and diplay the line items through the API.

• 07-08-2013 12:40 PM In reply to

Answer

BillRecordID is Foreign Key to the Bill table's primary key RecordID.    Vendor is a required field in the Bill table.

To execute this you'll need a few separate calls and code to connect the returned datasets

1. Select api call to locate all Bills where vendor equals yourVendor.

2. Query returned dataset for list of RecordIDs

3. Select call to appropriate BillLine Table where BillRecordID is in list of RecordIDs

4. Add the second dataset to first setting keys as appropriate.

5. Query in memory dataset as needed

HTH

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 07-08-2013 1:10 PM In reply to

Just what I needed!  Thank you very much.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)