Method Community

How to create jobs of customers in method field service to show correctly in QB

Last post 09-17-2013 5:00 PM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-17-2013 9:31 AM

How to create jobs of customers in method field service to show correctly in QB

My company does small jobs for major companies. We bill the major companies for the work on their customers. I am trying to eliminate double data entry. I need to know basic step by step procedures for setting up customers and work orders in the field service section of method, so when the order is complete and we input the times for the service call, it syncs to QB and creates an invoice of that particular major companies labor rates based on the actual man hours. I apologize, but I am a brand new method customer still in my first 30 days.

• 09-17-2013 5:00 PM In reply to

Re: How to create jobs of customers in method field service to show correctly in QB

Hi alarmone,

Our Help Center is the best place to go for instructions.  Here is a link to creating Customers. For info on Field Services, click this link.  You'll also probably want to check out the Work Order article and the Creating Invoices article.

For invoicing, I'd recommend creating the work order for the customer (child or job in QuickBooks).  Then, if you bill the main or major company, you can create an invoice from the work order, and when you're taken to the invoice screen, you can change the Customer for the invoice to the main company.  This way the main company is invoiced, but the work order and time entries are logged for the sub or child customer.

Hope this helps,

- Adam 

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)