Method Community

Activitiy linked to worng Oppurtunites

Last post 09-26-2013 8:54 AM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-24-2013 11:29 PM

Activitiy linked to worng Oppurtunites

Hi, We have a number of activites linked to the wrong oppurtunites, how do we change the oppurtunity to which the activity is asigned.This appers to be an issue with the activity linking to the worng oppurtunity once it has been created. 

Any help will be greatly appriciated

Adrian

• 09-25-2013 9:12 AM In reply to

Re: Activitiy linked to worng Oppurtunites

Hi Adrian,

You can easily update the Opportunity related to each Activity by exporting your Activity table and change your Opportunity number, from the Opportunity Column to the correct one.  When all of your records have been updated, just import this saved file back to your Activity table, and each Activity should now be updated with the correct Opportunity. Make sure when you export the table, include the RecordID to use a reference field when you go to import this table again.

To answer your original question as to why your Activities are being associated with the wrong Opportunity, I require some more details.  Can you let us know what procedure you are using to create/associate these Activities to the Opportunites?  Is this done from within Method from the Opportunities tab, are these coming in as web leads using the Web-to-Lead form?  Any further details will help us investigate this issue a little further.

-Ben

• 09-25-2013 1:44 PM In reply to

The activites are added within Method usually from the oppurtunity. One example we have a new new vendor lead with an activity assigned this is now linked to a sales oppurtunity.

• 09-25-2013 4:03 PM In reply to

Adrian,

I have been trying to replicate this in my own account, but am unable to get this odd behaviour to occur.  Would you be able to turn on MethodSupport in in your account so we can take a quick look to see this first hand?  This can be done by going to Customize-Users, and in the "Edit an existing User" area make sure there is checkmark in the Active Column for the MethodSupport User.  Once this is done/confirmed, please email us directly at support@methodintegration.com with the CompanyAccount name you login with.  It would help in the email if you can list 1 or 2 leads/customers that this has has happened to.  Also, have you noticed a pattern with this issue, does it happen just some of the time, is it a certain Opportunity that always gets dropped?

-Ben

• 09-25-2013 4:07 PM In reply to

The support user is active, I have corrected them via the inport /export. I can reimport the old export if required to help resolve this.

• 09-26-2013 8:54 AM In reply to

Adrian,

We still haven't received an email from you with the CompanyAccount Name you login with (please email this to support@methodintegration.com ), this would be required for us to look into your account further.  Also, when you send this email, I would suggest sending us the copy of the original, unaltered file you exported, this way we would have something to reference off of.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)