Method Community

Can I undo "delete customer"

Last post 01-14-2014 4:34 PM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-14-2014 10:51 AM

Can I undo "delete customer"

I accidently deleted a customer in Method and in turn it deleted all information in quickbooks and now it's all lost.  Is there a way to reverse this and get this information back?

• 01-14-2014 1:03 PM In reply to

Re: Can I undo "delete customer"

Hi jphenke,

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to bring this customer back. Once they are deleted from Method and QuickBooks, they are gone.  

You do have the option of reverting to a backup of the Method account, however this is a chargable service. By going to a backup, you can then repush the customer record from Method back into QuickBooks. Please keep in mind that anything done in Method after the backup date will also be lost.

If you'd wish to discuss possibly going to a backup to get the customer back, please give us a call in support at 1-888-925-6238 x2 and we can discuss this.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-14-2014 3:41 PM In reply to

Thank you.    Is there an easy way to disable the "Delete customer" for particular users in method?  

• 01-14-2014 4:34 PM In reply to

Hi,

There are a few ways to disable the button action through customization.  I believe the easiest way would be to disable the ability to execute by user role.

To do this you would need to copy and replace the current Method screen and edit this new screen.  When editing, edit the "More Actions" button in the Additional Info section. Click Next on Step 1, and on Step 2, click the elipsis button as seen below:

When you click on that button, you are now editing the "Event", which is "Delete Customer".  Step 2 on this screen allows you to set which roles have access to execute the event. Only the users whose role is selected on this screen will be able to execute the "Delete Customer" action.

There are other ways of achieving this, but this seems like the simplest to achieve what you are looking for.

Hope this helps,

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)