Method Community

View history of user log-ins

Last post 02-22-2010 2:19 PM by Method_Valbon. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-17-2010 3:03 PM

View history of user log-ins

I would like to have a record of which of our users log into Method and when. Is this possible? Is there some sort of log table that exists or that can be created? The next question is whether this can also be done to document which customers log in to Customer web portals as well? Thanks.

• 02-18-2010 9:11 AM In reply to

Re: View history of user log-ins

Answer

Hi Alex,

We do have an Audit Trail found under the QuickBooks tab in Method that provides similar information but not exactly what you are looking for.

Having said that, this can be done with some basic customization and here’s how:

1. Create a new table to store UserName and Login date/time. Also consider adding another field 'IsThirdPartyPortal' to filter the info for Method Users vs Portal Users.
    2. On the very first screen that loads for the Method user (or portal user) capture the user name, log in date/time and whether or not it is a portal all via value from session.
    3. Create a screen for this table and the rest is up to you.

Hope that helps,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 02-18-2010 5:36 PM In reply to

Valbon,

Thank you, I was able to create the table and capture most of the session data I needed. However, I am having some issues with Date/Time fields.

When I capture the 'Login Date / Time' value from the current session and store it in my LoginDateTime field, the resulting time is consistently 8 hours earlier than our actual local time. What's strange is I see that the built in action prepackaged with Method on the same Welcome screen (in the Welcome to Method! Section) also pulls the value from the current session's 'Login Date / Time' but, in that case, does actually display the correct local time.

I have also tried grabbing the 'Current Date / Time' value from the current session instead and in that case I get no time whatsoever.

How do I fix this?

(Additionally, the Method Push Status shows a time two hours ahead of local time, which I am guessing is due to the location of your servers and the time difference between us. However, this is not as significant an issue for us)

• 02-22-2010 9:46 AM In reply to

Alex,

Can you please provide more details on your action set? What actions are you using, what values and where are these actions being set? I’ll try and duplicate this on my end.

Thanks,

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 02-22-2010 2:19 PM In reply to

Answer

Alex,

Here’s the proof posting to these forums really does pay. There were a few other sets of eyes on this one since you posted and as a result new options are now available.

Try logging in and out of Method and make a screen based on the NEW UsersSignInLog table.  We think you’ll be quite pleased with how easy this now is.

Thanks!

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)