Method Community

Export Documents and use in Report Designer

Last post 03-31-2014 1:46 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-24-2014 10:49 AM

Export Documents and use in Report Designer

I'm wondering a couple of things. 

1. How can I include an image in a report?  For example, the vendor headshot photo for each vendor?.
    2. How can I export or download documents? Is there a way to access the image/document url within Method?

Thank you!

• 03-31-2014 9:38 AM In reply to

Re: Export Documents and use in Report Designer

Hi gbghartley,

I just wanted to first apologize on the delay in responding to this forum thread you created.  I have to actually set this up in my account in order to give you the correct answers to your 2 questions.  I will be doing my best to do this today, and should be able to respond here before the end of the day.

-Ben

• 03-31-2014 1:46 PM In reply to

Re: Export Documents and use in Report Designer

Hi gbghartley,

Q 1. How can I include an image in a report?  For example, the vendor headshot photo for each vendor?

A - Yes, this is definitely possible.  I just did a quick test with this, first I customized my VendorList screen, I added the "Profile Pic" field to my screen, this helped so I could quickly upload some pics to my specific Vendors.  

I then created a new Custom Report based off the Vendor table.  You can do whatever you like to this report, add whatever fields you want included.  The most important aspect here is the "Profile Pic" field, this is where your Vendors mugshot will show up.  

Lastly, I added a new button to my VendorList screen, called "Generate Report", this has an action to Generate my customized Vendor Report for the Vendor selected on this screen.

Screenshot of Customized Vendor_List Screen (added ProfilePic field and Generate Report Button):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshot of Generated Report (Basic Report based off Vendor table, included fields CompanyName, Contact and ProfilePic):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q 2. How can I export or download documents? Is there a way to access the image/document url within Method?

A - Yes, you can always export/download any of your imported documents/images from Method.  You should actually be able to do this by simply clicking on your document/image from the Documents Tab.  This will open the document/image in a new window, here you can view your image or you can right-click the image from this new tab and do a "Save Image As".  You can also copy the URL given for this new tab, and your image will always be here if you reload this URL.  Note, I just noticed that if you click on an image from within Method and it opens in a new tab, if the image isn't being displayed, reload this new tab, it should appear after the reload.

Technically from my VendorList Pic example above, where I added the "ProfilePic" field to the screen, you would be able to click this pic also, it will open in another tab where you can copy the URL or right-click to "Save image as".

I hope these examples have helped, please let me know if you require any further details.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)