Method Community

Customizing

Last post 03-03-2010 1:58 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-01-2010 11:56 AM

Customizing

I am trying to add a "grid of static text" to a form.

I am not interested in linking the grid to any activity or action, i am only trying to create a "field tech checklist"

that is manually marked... (4 columns, 15 rows)... to appear on all work orders.

I tried to add grid, doesn't seem to be good idea - Recommendations?

• 03-01-2010 1:08 PM In reply to

Re: Customizing

Hey,

Why not toss some blank labels into the work order that the tech can place a checkmark beside? If you want a box for them to place it in, use a text field. When customizing keep in mind that you can only place 15 rows in a section. So you will need to organize your checklist so it all fits.

Hope this helps!

• 03-01-2010 2:22 PM In reply to

ok:

so, we need:

1) Location of treatment: 16 possible choices (attic, crawlspace, garage, office, etc)

2) Site of treatment: 12 possible choices (baseboards, bedding, cabinets, etc)

3) Method of treatment: 16 possible choices (aerosol, fumigation, injector, granulate, spot treatment, etc) 

so you suggest 44 blank labels? (can i put four per row?)

• 03-02-2010 12:48 AM In reply to

hmmm...

Is it possible accomplish this customization using a table grid, rich or inserted text,

in "Report Designer"? Where can I learn more about this intriguing tool ??

Thanks for your help...

• 03-03-2010 11:39 AM In reply to

Hey,

That’s even a better idea! If you use the report designer, you will not need to customize any screens, only the report template. You can find more about how to use the report designer by checking out the video's we have posted on our blog section.

Below is a direct link to the blog titled "3 steps to becoming a report guru"

http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/blogs/methodblog/archive/2008/06/18/3-steps-to-becoming-a-report-guru.aspx

This should help you move around the report designer.

• 03-03-2010 1:58 PM In reply to

Hey,

I just wanted to add a bit more to this post.

If you want this information to be saved in Method, then you will need to add Fields to the table so you can add them to the screen. If you want this to show up on a printed version of the WO as well, you will need to also update the report template to include the fields.

If you only want it on the printed copy, then you could get away with just editing the report template.

Let me know how it goes!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)