Method Community

User Preference

Last post 03-04-2010 8:35 AM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-02-2010 3:35 PM

User Preference

I'm very new to Method... Just started today along with two other employees.  Someone please help me in blocking editing rights of the other employees.  I don't care if they see invoice information, etc. but I do not want them to be able to edit or delete any invoice, estimate, etc.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

• 03-03-2010 1:16 PM In reply to

Re: User Preference

Answer

Hello and welcome to Method!

In that case you might want to consider copying the invoice screen and then removing buttons such as save, save & new and delete.  You can then set it so that when those users log in they would see the modified screen and wouldn't be able to update the transactions. Please go through our webinars they are short videos focusing on various topics that would definitely help you customize Method to suit your needs.

• 03-03-2010 1:32 PM In reply to

Just to add to my previous post, you may also want to consider removing the ability for those users to be able to add/edit records on grids, by editing the grid preferences.  Also you can place users into groups/ roles this would allow them to see certain tabs and hide others.  For example, you have a Sales Team that should only be able to see the Sales Center Tab so you can create a new role and call it SalesTeam then you can edit that role so that they would only see the SalesCenter tab when they log in.

• 03-03-2010 3:16 PM In reply to

Amanda,

Thank you!  I was able to copy and edit the invoice screen to remove all edit/delete functions on the invoices.  Is there a way to block all deletion and editing from the quickbooks data files?  I do not care if the users see the qb info but I don't want them to edit/delete any quickbooks financial information (invoice, bills, payments, etc.).  From my understanding, this feature is controlled by the tabs, tab links and screen functions and not by user?  Do I have to edit each screen?

When I try and create Tab Group/Role for this, I don't see where this is an option, just the tab or tab link.  Am I missing something?  Also, I found a user guide for Method CRM but have not been able to find one for Method?  Is there a pdf somewhere that I could download.  Search forum with no results.

Thank you.

• 03-04-2010 8:35 AM In reply to

Hello,

You are correct, in that you'll have to edit the screens that you want to remove the ability for certain users to delete or update transactions. Once you edit the screens you can place them into tabs and then you can further assign the roles and limit users in specific roles to only see certain tabs.

Tab links are the names of screens, so once you create the roles you would assign which screens (tab link) should be placed under the Tabs you would like that specific role to see, then you would further assign tabs to roles. 

You can access a few documentations by visiting the following link: http://www.methodintegration.com/web/self-service-documentation.aspx
    You would probably find the webinars more useful in your case, since we record mini videos with examples on how to customize. To view these you can follow this link: http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/forums/t/556.aspx
    Also you can search the forum because someone else might have had the same questions as you do and you would find the answers there.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)