Method Community

HELP

Last post 04-30-2010 9:46 AM by Method_Valbon. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-28-2010 12:14 PM

• Naomi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2010
    • Posts 13

HELP

I went in and created a copy of invoice then I deleted the copy or invoice(1) but now I cant pull up invoices at alll in Method.

• 04-28-2010 2:44 PM In reply to

Re: HELP

Answer

Hi,

I’m assuming you meant you created a copy of the original Invoice screen in Method which was named Invoice(1) and then deleted that screen?

If that’s the case, in step 3 of 3 of the ‘Copy Screen Wizard’ you would have seen the option to Replace links to an existing screen: which is likely what was selected since it’s the default.

This would replace all links that currently point to the original Invoice screen with your new copied version Invoice(1). Now, when you deleted Invoice(1) all those links are now pointing to….you guessed it no screen at all. For example, if you now click Customer Center > Invoices no screen is displayed.

To fix this, click Customize > Tabs, edit the Customer Center tab and select the original Invoice screen to be used for the tab-link. Make sure you click Save Changes before you finish. Repeat this process for other tab-links.

If my assumptions are wrong please let me know.

Hope this helps,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 04-28-2010 2:51 PM In reply to

• Naomi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2010
    • Posts 13

YOur correct however I have done that and I just did it again and still no  page appears it says action sequence order :4  after  along meeage saying maybe it was deleted

• 04-29-2010 12:21 PM In reply to

The message is appearing because somewhere a Method action is trying to reference a screen that you deleted. Can you please outline the exact steps you are taking before getting this message?

What tab are you clicking? What tab-link are you clicking? Finally what screen should be loading? Have you also deleted tab-links recently?

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 04-29-2010 12:28 PM In reply to

• Naomi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2010
    • Posts 13

I am in the customer center under a customer then I push the go to next to an invoice number and it gives me the error.

• 04-29-2010 12:30 PM In reply to

• Naomi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2010
    • Posts 13

So at this point the only way to see the invoices is to go to the customer center under each specific customer I have to find the invoice number and then leave the actual customer screen andgo  to the invoice screen and put in the number its so much more time consuming i need to be able to be under each customer and click the go to next to each invoice to see them again.

• 04-29-2010 12:47 PM In reply to

• Naomi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2010
    • Posts 13

From customer list to transactions when I push the go to next to the proper invoice number it gives me the error

• 04-30-2010 9:46 AM In reply to

Answer

Naomi,

When you deleted the screen Invoice(2) it also deleted the Invoice tab-link since it was no longer going to be referencing any screen.

When you click the GoTo link on the grid it uses an action called ‘Go To Tab Link’ which basically redirects the user to the Tab and link specified. Since the Invoice tab-link is no longer there this action was also referencing…nothing. Adding the Invoice tab-link again does not re-associate any broken links. That’s the reason behind the message.

A bit of advice looking back, before you deleted Invoice(2) you could have tried to copy the original Invoice screen and replace the current links pointing to Invoice(2). At that point you could have deleted Invoice(2) without running into some of these challenges.

In the future, you could always copy screens and add them to a ‘TEST’ tab that you create until you are sure you want to replace existing links.

For now your options are:

1. As you come across these messages determine the screen, create a copy and manually fix the actions to point to the Invoice screen. This option is a bit of a pain and means you would be using more copied screens rather than original screens.
    2. You could contact your Business Systems Consultant (BSC) or account manager and have them start the process to RESET your account. You would lose any customization and would have to complete a full sync once reset.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)