Method Community

Adding Extra Sections in Customer Centre

Last post 05-13-2010 3:25 PM by mikefieldhouse. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-04-2010 2:12 AM

Adding Extra Sections in Customer Centre

Hi there

I've added two new tabs to my Customer Centre - Client Overview and Job Notes

Both of these use the plain text fields from the customisation options - and Client Overview works fine.

BUT Job Notes - is exactly the same format but will not save - either when I press the custom save button I've created or when I click save on the main save button on Address Info.

Any thoughts on why this won't save?

Any help appeciated.

havefun

Mike

Mike Fieldhouse
    RealityHouse

www.realityhouse.co.uk
    twitter.com/realityhouse
  • 05-04-2010 12:02 PM In reply to

Re: Adding Extra Sections in Customer Centre

Hi Mike,

I would like for you to clear up a few of things for me so I can understand your steps and try to guide you.

When you say you added 2 new 'tabs' to your Customer Center tab, do you mean tab links as in new screens that show up in the same line as Customer List, Invoices, Estimates etc,? Or do you mean tab sections on the Customer List screen such as Address Info, Additional Info etc? Did you first added those fields to the Customer table then drag and dropped them on to the screen(s)? Or did you just drag the textbox object from the objects list and dropped them on the screen(s)? If they are on new screens (tab links) then the Save button on the Address Info screen wouldn't work. I'll wait to hear from you.

If you would like a visual representation of tab links / sections please refer to our Method Home Page Quick Start Guide document by using the following link: http://www.methodintegration.com/web/self-service-documentation.aspx

• 05-07-2010 11:11 AM In reply to

Hi Amanda

I'm talking about tab sections on the Customer List screen

I dragged the text box object from the objects list and dropped it onto the screens.

What do you think?

Havefun

Mike

Mike Fieldhouse
    RealityHouse

www.realityhouse.co.uk
    twitter.com/realityhouse
  • 05-10-2010 9:16 AM In reply to

Hi Mike,

I added 2 tab sections to my Customer List screen then added 2 textboxes from "Add Objects" and I clicked 'Save' under the Address Info tab section and the information was saved in both textboxes. Can you try removing the Job Notes text box from the screen, drag a new text box and see if that works? If I miss a step here please let me know and I'll try to replicate again.

Also are you looking to have those 2 textboxes store information that is the same for all customers? - Then adding the textbox as an object is fine. Or do you intend to have them store customer specific data? If you are hoping for the 2nd option, then you would want to first add the fields to the Customer table then drag them onto the screen. You can reference webinar 2 getting started with tables and fields -  http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/forums/t/556.aspx

Hope this helps.

• 05-13-2010 3:25 PM In reply to

Brilliant - that's sorted. Many thanks.

Mike Fieldhouse
    RealityHouse

www.realityhouse.co.uk
    twitter.com/realityhouse
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)