Method Community

Count of all Invoices per month is incorrect for some months

Last post 05-29-2015 3:08 PM by Method_Audisho. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-27-2015 10:12 PM

• kelly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-28-2015
    • Posts 19

Count of all Invoices per month is incorrect for some months

Hello - I created a report using the designer. The report grabs a count of invoices based on txn date, and puts it into a monthly count. I have noticed that the count is empty for certain months. Is there is an issue with the way the designer counts invoices per month?

In the screenshot, the graph displays a count per month. There are invoices for April and May 2015, but they don't appear on the graph

• 05-28-2015 9:18 AM In reply to

Re: Count of all Invoices per month is incorrect for some months

Hi Kelly,

I built a quick report to test this myself and can confirm that it is working as it should.

I suggest you take a closer look at your chart logic to verify that it is correct. A couple of things to check for:

- Make sure that you have selected the correct field for your argument data (TxnDate)

- Is the count correct for the months that are populating? If not, this would indicate an problem with your logic.

If you are still unable to locate the issue, I’m happy to sign in to your account and have a quick peek. Just send me an email with:

- The company account name

- The report name

- The screen where I can locate the generate report button

Also make sure that you have activated the MethodSupport user under Customize > Users.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 05-28-2015 6:30 PM In reply to

• kelly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-28-2015
    • Posts 19

Hi Audisho - See Info

• Company Account: [redacted]
    • Report name: [redacted]
    • Screen: Customize > Home Dashboard V2. The report is located at the bottom, under header, '12 Month Rolling Sales'. Note, I have filters set up, however, I am not using them right now, so the report is unfiltered (as this will be easier to test).
    • methodsupport is enabled.

• 05-29-2015 9:05 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Kelly,

Please refrain from posting any account specific information directly on our forums. This includes account names, usernames, screen names, etc. The forums are a publicly available area and making this information publicly available is a security concern. Our support team lists our email addresses in our signatures (see below), so if you ever need to send us this information or we request it, just shoot us an email.

While I can’t say exactly what is causing this issue, I did notice a couple of things that may help you to troubleshoot.

- All of the missing months have a total number of invoices below 115. This is the minimum that is displayed on your chart (September, 2014).

- The chart is not filled with any data when previewed in Report Designer. This may be by design on your part, but I can confirm that the preview worked fine on the test chart that I built myself.

If you still can’t figure out what is causing this, you may want to consider re-building the chart from scratch. It’s really easy to miss a minor logic issue when looking at a report that is already built.

Finally, you can reach out to one of our partners for assistance or reach out to your account manager to schedule a session with our professional services team.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 05-29-2015 9:20 AM In reply to

• kelly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-28-2015
    • Posts 19

Thanks for removing the account Audisho. I misread your previous post about emailingi the info.

I'll take a look into the issue again and see what the problem is. 

• 05-29-2015 2:08 PM In reply to

• kelly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-28-2015
    • Posts 19

Audisho, I just built the report from scratch and still see the same problem. Can you build it from sctrach in my account and see if it works? I feel like it is an issue with the high volumne of invoices (since the test you did had only ~6 invoices per month)

• 05-29-2015 3:08 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Kelly,

I copied my report over to your account and it generates correctly.

I’ve since removed the report and screen from your account, as I can’t provide you with customization work free of charge (this would need to go through our professional services team).

It’s worth noting that a preview was not generated inside of Report Designer, but I remembered that Report Designer only pulls in the first 100 records of data in a table. This would explain why the charts do not populate, as these 100 invoices would not fall within our specified time frame.

I also can’t dig any deeper into your chart, as this would also be designated as consulting work for our professional services team. We do have a section of our Help Center dedicated to Report Designer and Solution No. 414 discusses charts and graphs specifically. There is even a tutorial video playlist at the bottom. I recommend reading through this and watching the videos. They may clue you in to what is wrong with your chart setup.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)