Method Community

Editing Forms / Reports for UK Use

Last post 06-18-2010 8:44 AM by Anonymous. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-30-2010 1:50 AM

Editing Forms / Reports for UK Use

Hi there

I've been using the Report Editor to create UK based estimates/purchase order/invoices within Method - but I've hit a block.

I've edited the standard reports to change all the $ signs to £ signs - but I've hit a problem with changing the symbol on the "item price" - it's still $.

Where is this held within the estimate form - would you let me know.

Many thanks

Mike

Mike Fieldhouse
    RealityHouse

www.realityhouse.co.uk
    twitter.com/realityhouse
  • 03-31-2010 10:58 AM In reply to

Re: Editing Forms / Reports for UK Use

Hello Mike,

I was able to replicate what you are experiencing. I'll look into this and get back to you.

• 06-08-2010 4:44 PM In reply to

Hi Mike,

I have some good news for you; we have a fix!

We've made some changes so from now on the user's language preference, which is built into the browser, will be passed to the report when it runs on the server. That way it would recreate the environment used when designing and previewing in the Report Designer.

You can use this temporary site to show what settings we are picking up: http://web1.methodintegration.com/test/accountpages/TheServiceCoPaulSnow2/LanguageTest.aspx

To change your language preference in IE go to Tools > Options, but chances are it is already en-GB.

You'll need to open the estimate report in the Method Report Designer. To see how to do this you can review this webinar: http://methodintegration.com/cs/blogs/methodblog/archive/2009/09/03/community-webinar-8-introduction-to-designing-reports-level-1.aspx

Delete the Rate field on the report and then drag it back onto the screen.
    Once it has been added then click on the field and a little expansion arrow will come up.
    Click on the little arrow then click on the 3 dots next to Format String, the ‘Formatstring Editor’ window will pop up.
    Select Currency as your category and then click on the 'standard Types' tab and select c2. Click ok and save the report. Try running the report in Method and let me know if that works.

• 06-09-2010 8:19 AM In reply to

Hi Mike,

This new feature is now available on our testing environment. Once we do a public publish I'll let you know so you can test it out.

• 06-16-2010 3:16 PM In reply to

Hi Amanda

I've followed the sequence here but something isn't working - please see the attached video which show's how I've been working with the report manager.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr1dvUdm5i8

Help!

Many thanks

Havefun

Mike

Mike Fieldhouse
    RealityHouse

www.realityhouse.co.uk
    twitter.com/realityhouse
  • 06-17-2010 10:29 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the video. When you are updating the currency fields please ensure you are doing it under the Detail section where you'll see the field "EstimateLine.EstimateRate" (shows up as "EstimateLine." due to the size of the field on screen) and it should be directly under the label "Item Price".  The Group Header section contains the label 'Item Price' so updating this label with the currency format would have no effect.

If you update the actual field "EstimateLine.EstimateRate" with the C2 currency type and the pound sign still doesn't show up then try remove the field and adding it back to the screen by dragging it from the list of fields from the right side, ensuring that you take it from the EstimateLine.Estimate dataset.

• 06-18-2010 6:18 AM In reply to

Hi Amanda

Woohoo! Got there. Thanks for the help. By the way tested the UK browser sensing which worked well.

many thanks

havefun

Mike

Mike Fieldhouse
    RealityHouse

www.realityhouse.co.uk
    twitter.com/realityhouse
  • 06-18-2010 8:44 AM In reply to

Mike, 

That's wonderful news - Awesome! Thanks for letting me know it worked.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)