Method Community

Loading time

Last post 08-23-2010 4:46 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-20-2010 12:59 PM

Loading time

Problem:  Loading time taking too long.  Here's what I did:

Clicked on Customer Center

Clicked on Customer List

Clicked on Filter by View - All Customers

Entered account name

Clicked Address Information Tab

Edited name of account and contact person

Clicked on Save

Loading the saved info took 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.  Did not stay in loading mode as long as it did earlier this week (10 + minutes) but the amount of time it took today effects how rapidly I can record account information and make sales calls (phone).  The number of sales calls I make is directly related to sales dollars.  I need to be able to move through this system rapidly. 

• 08-20-2010 4:35 PM In reply to

Re: Loading time

Answer

Hello,

I tried following the same steps and the 'loading circle' appeared for about 5 - 6 seconds.

Here are a few things you can try to improve the speed. If you're using Internet Explorer, try Firefox. Also opening multiple websites can slow down the speed. For instance, if you are using Internet Explorer for Method and you have 4 other websites opened either in a new tab or a new window in Internet Explorer, this would result in more processes being ran and it can slow down the performance. It may appear as though Method is slow but it actually the browser that is using up the resources. For testing purposes, you can try opening Firefox and log into Method and for all other websites use a different browser other than Firefox and see if it helps.

The speed of your internet connection would also affect the performance. Perhaps, try logging into Method on a different computer and see if the speed is the same. If it is faster, then it could be that your computer itself is slow/ doesn't have a lot of RAM.

• 08-22-2010 12:34 PM In reply to

Hi Amanda,

Is there an optimal configuration for Method use?  Computer Speed, Amount of Ram,  Internet Speed Up and Down......

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 08-22-2010 1:06 PM In reply to

• K.C.
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-17-2010
    • Portland OR
    • Posts 11

I would also like to know the answer to this question. I have a 4 to 5 year old desktop with a lot of programs on it, but using only 1/3 of the hard drive. It was so slow processing  Method transactions I wanted to beat my head against the wall. I'm running Windows XP, service pack 3, 1GB of RAM (probably the biggest problem) and 2.80 Ghz processor speed. In showing Method to clients on their computers I experienced similarly poor performances. I have a 1 year old laptop that was running Vista  with 4GB RAM and only 2.0 Ghz speed. I had to have it wiped clean to remove a trojan and other problems, replaced Vista with Windows 7, and installed only a few programs. It's WAY faster processing Method than the desktop, using the same Internet service, Comcast. When Comcast slows down, particularly in the evenings, it noticeably affects Method processing. So definately boost the RAM if you can't control anything else.

K.C. Courtnier
    2nd Site Business Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Method Account Manager
    Founder: 2nd Site ISP/ProAdvisor Partnership Program
  • 08-23-2010 4:46 PM In reply to

Hello,

Since Method is a web application, the more the better. So the more RAM and speed your computer has the faster the pages would load.

The more memory your computer has the faster it would be. The bare minimum I would suggest is 2 GB RAM, of course if you have multiple applications opened such as QuickBooks, Outlook, other browswers etc, that would slow down the performance. 4GB and higher would be better but again, it depends on how many other applications you have running.

Computers older than 3 years have less GB then the newer ones. If you have a newer computer you most likely would see faster loading times compared to an older computer.

In K.C's case described above, the RAM really helped the loading time as she pointed out. Thanks K.C!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)