Method Community

Report Designer Graphs and Charts

Last post 02-14-2012 3:41 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-13-2012 2:06 PM

Report Designer Graphs and Charts

Hi,

I am working in the Report Designer and I am trying to create a bar or line graph that shows our new opportunities by count (not dollar value) by month over a 12 month period. For us new opportunities represent proposals made and tracking our monthly proposal activity is very important to our business. Do you have any documentation that you can share with me on how to use the chart generation wizard as I am finding it incredibly unintuitive, or explain to me how I would accomplish the above?

Thanks,

LoriBeth

• 02-14-2012 3:41 PM In reply to

Re: Report Designer Graphs and Charts

Answer

Hi Inclusivitie,

The first thing that I would do is to review the webinars that we have on the report designer. I would first view the webinar titled Introduction to Designing Report: Level 1 here, Introduction to Designing Report: Level 2 here, and Tips and Tricks for Designing Reports here.

After you review the above webinars, the next step would be to open up a current report, and then renaming this report and changing the elements within the properties to full fill your specific requirements.

These are the steps that I would take to create that specific line graph:

1. File > Open...
    2. In the Report name dropdown, select the report name CRM_Home Dashboard_OppByMonth and then click on the Open button
    3. In order not to overrde the original report in Method, go to File > Save As
    4. Click on the Connect button
    5. In the Report name field, type in the new name for the report
    6. Click on the Create New Report button

To change the properties for the current bar graph, select the bar graph and left click on the little arrow at the top right hand side and click on Run Wizard...

In the Chart Type screen, select the Line type. In the Data screen, click on the Series Binding tab. In that tab, you will have a section called Value Properties and you will have to select `Count ()` in the Summary function section.

To get the number of opportunities for each month on the graph, click on Series in the wizard, and within that screen, select the Point Options tab, and in the `Value format:` dropdown select General.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)