Method Community

Creating a custom screen and linking to all goto links

Last post 01-17-2011 10:38 AM by handcrafted. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2011 9:26 AM

Creating a custom screen and linking to all goto links

Hi again!

I was wondering if there is an easy way to do the following:

When I create a custom screen (ex: Fieldservice_addeditworkorder) , I am wondering if there is a way to make that screen the new default screen for all goto actions throughout the entire site. For example, right now, on the Fieldservice_dashboard screen, the field service reminders section has goto links you can click if there are work orders that need attention. When I click on those numbers, it takes me to the old Fieldservice_addeditworkorder screen. I want it to take me to the new custom version of that screen.

My question is, is there a way to have the custom screen the default for those links site wide or do I have to go into each one of those links and change the screenname that it will take me to?

Thanks for the help. 

Bryan Hand
    Owner
    Hand Crafted Pool Care, Inc.
  • 01-15-2011 9:39 AM In reply to

Re: Creating a custom screen and linking to all goto links

Answer

Handcrafted -

When you first copy a screen it gives you 3 options in the last step.  You can create no tab links, create a new tab link, or replace tab links.  By replacing tab links it will replace tab links (as well as go to screen and show popup screen) that used to point to the specified screen and now point to this new screen.

In your case, since you are doing it after that fact, it might seem like you are stuck and have missed the boat.

BUT - I think if you just copy your new screen, like FieldService_AddEditWorkOrderHandcrafted, and copy it with the name FieldService_AddEditWorkOrderHandcraftedLIVE, you'll get the same options again.  I'm pretty sure that if you chose to replace tab links, but instead of replacing tab links for FieldService_AddEditWorkOrderHandcrafted, replace them for the original FieldService_AddEditWorkOrder, you'll be in business.

Yes, we need to do a better job at this.  We have discussed this internally.  It is admittedly not intuitive. 

Let us know if that works for you.

Paul

• 01-17-2011 10:38 AM In reply to

Re: Creating a custom screen and linking to all goto links

Perfect!

I will give that a try, Thank You Paul.

Bryan

Bryan Hand
    Owner
    Hand Crafted Pool Care, Inc.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)