Method Community

Due Date

Last post 02-15-2011 8:40 PM by matlow99. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-09-2011 11:28 PM

Due Date

Which data field will pull a statement due date from quickbooks?

I am trying to make a due date appear in the transactions table so my customers can see when thier bill is due. I use statement charges rather than invoices.

Thanks,

Matt

• 02-10-2011 7:46 AM In reply to

Re: Due Date

Matt -

That's good feedback.  Let me see what we can do. 

I'll get back to you shortly (hopefully later today).

Paul

• 02-10-2011 5:59 PM In reply to

Answer

Matt -

I don't want to spoil you.....but ask and you shall receive. :)

The Contacts_Portal now has the Due Date on the Home and Recent Transactions screen.  We were doing an update anyway, so it just included.

Paul 

• 02-10-2011 6:11 PM In reply to

You guys are great thank you.

• 02-15-2011 1:22 AM In reply to

Paul,

I see the due date field as a choice to be added to the portal home and transactions screen. However, I may not understand how it works. the field offers me a calander to choose a date from. I am looking for a field that will pull the due date of the customer account from quickbooks.

I think you understand what it is that I am looking to do correct? I use statement charges in quick books and have all my customers on a 15 day payment terms and I bill the 1st of every month. Can I show my customers the due date of their account? Is it possible to even display 30, 60 , 90 day past due amounts or aging?

Thanks,

Matt

• 02-15-2011 6:49 AM In reply to

Matt -

The DueDate is just coming from the DueDate field of the statement charge.  All statement charges ("Charge" table in Method) have the ability to have a Due Date entered and this is what the portal is showing.

If instead you want it to pull a field from the Customer screen that you are arbitraily setting, that's a totally different thing.  Customer's don't have due dates, their transactions do.  So in your case you should make sure that all the statement charges you enter are set to be the 15th day of the following month.  You can customize the Statment Charges screen to do this for you automatically using actions.  Keep in mind if it gets tricky, you can pay us to customize it for you.

I also suggest looking into Method Field Services.  You can just schedule your routes so that the jobs show up on a calendar or work order list, and then at the end of the month create invoices, and ALL jobs will turn into an invoice with a due date for you.  Less work for you.

Showing aging - I'm sure it is possible.  I haven't tried it.  The data is all there now in the Transactions table.  Really you need to know the date (for the age) and the balance remaining, which we have.  I think it would be tricky to get and require some good Method customization experience to get a report, screen or grid to show it.

Paul

Paul

• 02-15-2011 8:40 PM In reply to

Thanks Paul

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)