Method Community

New Activity Screen, Customer / Vendor

Last post 02-22-2011 10:07 AM by Geekoid. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2011 5:09 PM

• Geekoid
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-02-2010
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • Posts 420

New Activity Screen, Customer / Vendor

I have spent so much time on this and can't replicate it. I've copied the Vendor List screen and when a vendor name is selected, on the activities tab, when I click on New Activity if pre-fills the Customer / Vendor field with the same vendor name or you can click on the elipses and create a new customer or vendor.

How can I duplicate this for another screen that I've created based on a new table?:

I have a Bid screen with a New Bid... button which brings up my New Bid screen as a pop up, but it doesn't pre-fill the Vendor name and it doesn't have the elipses. I've copied almost the exact settings for this button from the New Activity... button, but it still won't work. If someone can shed light on how this should be set up, I would appreciate it.

Brett
    Go Get Geek!

• 02-22-2011 9:52 AM In reply to

Re: New Activity Screen, Customer / Vendor

Answer

Hi Brett,

The missing part here may be the actions on the OnScreenLoad event for the New Bid screen. The OnScreenLoad event can be found by clicking Advanced next to the Screen name when editing a screen. To get the ellipsis in a drop down list you will need to add actions to the Button Click event. If you want me to go over your customized screen with you directly you can contact me for paid consulting at m.melo@methodintergration.com

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 02-22-2011 10:07 AM In reply to

• Geekoid
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-02-2010
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • Posts 420

Re: New Activity Screen, Customer / Vendor

Funny how I never noticed the Advanced button for the screen...thank you!

Brett
    Go Get Geek!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)