Method Community

Suggestion: Adding new contacts to existing customers when logging activities / entering orders

Last post 01-02-2012 9:01 AM by Method_Michael. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-29-2011 5:01 PM

Suggestion: Adding new contacts to existing customers when logging activities / entering orders

Hola Method,

So this has to do with adding contacts to customers that already exist. The only way I know how to do this currently is by going into the customer list, editing the customer of choice, then going to the "contacts" tab and adding a new contact. 

But what about the various other screens that refer to contact info, ie activity screens (logging a phone call) or order screens. The contact field in these screens only search existing contacts, and the popup window from the "..." button only allows addition of new customers, there doesn't seem to be an option for new contacts for existing customers.

It doesn't seem like a very difficult customization job for me to do on my system, but it seems like a general and useful feature, and one that would be necessary to properly take advantage of the multiple contacts per customer feature Method offers. I'd like to suggest it as an addition to your standard Method screens.

Edit: I didn't look at the "more actions..." button, which does allow you to edit contacts, with options to directly edit the contact or to add a new contact by editing the customer. This is true for the "Log activity" pages, at least, but not for the sales order page, which could use the same buttons. But now all I have to do is copy the actions for the button from the one screen to the other. Apologies for the premature post!

• 01-02-2012 9:01 AM In reply to

Re: Suggestion: Adding new contacts to existing customers when logging activities / entering orders

smohyee-

You can do something simliar for Sale Orders but when you create a Sales order you don't assign it to a contact you assign it to a customer at least on the standard Method screens it works like that.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)