Method Community

Xora help?

Last post 03-03-2010 9:27 AM by Method_Valbon. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-08-2009 9:02 AM

Xora help?

Okay.... Methods is not get the time that are in Xora? and some of the times it is getting it not going in to quickbooks? Any idea of what might be causing this?

Michael Jones
    Dynamic Construction
  • 12-08-2009 11:08 AM In reply to

Re: Xora help?

Hi there,

Please provide more information on this issue. Is it preventing you from getting any data from Xora or just some of it? Are you getting any message during this process? Is this for a particular user or all?

Try and provide additional information as well as the steps you have taken. This will allow us to look into the issue and provide an accurate response.

Also refer to the Method Xora Connector User Guide if required.

Thank you,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 12-08-2009 11:20 AM In reply to

It looks as though it not pulling all of the information... for all users.....

Most of the time it seems to not be pulling correctly is time that we've manually edited in xora? Some user are working fine other are not working at all.

Michael Jones
    Dynamic Construction
  • 12-08-2009 2:24 PM In reply to

Just to be clear, you are not getting any warnings or other messages in Method when trying to fetch Xora time right?

Are you editing the entries in Xora before or after you pull the time into Method? What specific information are you editing? Once an entry is brought into Method it will not be fetched/updated again unless it is deleted from Method first. This is done to ensure there are not duplicate entries brought in.

Val

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 12-08-2009 2:39 PM In reply to

Answer

Correct... I am getting no errors...... or other message!

We are editing them in Xora before xfering to methods.....

Some user have to have there "Job enrty" put in xora by their supervisor, or have the job entry edited before we xfer it to quickbooks for payroll.......

So if time had been retrieved before even if there was no entry it will not be updated unless all deleted? I will try that?

Michael Jones
    Dynamic Construction
  • 12-08-2009 2:41 PM In reply to

How do I delete information in Methods so it can be updated/re-xfered  from xora?

Michael Jones
    Dynamic Construction
  • 12-08-2009 4:17 PM In reply to

Answer

You can delete entries that have already been brought in from Xora from Step 2: Send to QuickBooks under the Connect with Xora screen.

1. Click the GoTo link beside the desired record you want to delete.
    2. On the Xora Time Details screen click the Delete & Close button.
    3. Go back to Step 1: Get Xora Time and get the info from Xora.

Hope this helps,

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 12-09-2009 7:59 AM In reply to

So I would have to Indiv. do this to the 115 records currently in methods, so that I can re-import/update to what it needs to be?

Michael Jones
    Dynamic Construction
  • 12-09-2009 4:43 PM In reply to

Answer

What’s the reason you’re editing entries in Xora and how frequently are you doing this? Ideally you should be fetching accurate entries from Xora into Method with minimum entries requiring editing. You can edit in Method just in case the occasional entry does need attention.

Yes, you need to do delete each individual record. This is especially important if you try and delete a record that has already been sent to QuickBooks. Method prompts you to decide to delete or keep the actual QuickBooks time entries individually for each record.

You can do some simple customization by adding a button on the screen that will loop through the grid and delete only those records that have been checked on the grid. This allows you to easily delete a batch of records at once. To help you learn more about customizing, visit out blogs and view our recorded webinars or contact me to have the job done.

Hope that helps,

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 12-10-2009 7:13 AM In reply to

Some of the times are edited daily... As shifts may not get started on time, etc. 

Xora is used by the Supervisors to also record time in manual, for some employee that do not yet have a xora enabled phone, so those times a manualy entered...

Normally once all the editing has been done by the superviser, it then get pulled to methods for a push to QBs. But sometime not everything has been edited, or entered when it's pulled?

Michael Jones
    Dynamic Construction
  • 12-10-2009 10:59 AM In reply to

Try to have most of the editing complete before you fetch from Xora into Method. Any entries not entered can always be brought into Method the next time you get Xora time as long as it is within the date range you are pulling for. Method will not duplicate by bringing in entries it has already grabbed from Xora.

Another idea is to add supervisors as additional Method users and allow them to enter straight time in Method to be sent to QuickBooks for non phone users.

Val

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 12-10-2009 11:16 AM In reply to

Okay... I went throught and deleted all entries in methods, to fetch time again.... for the day Nov 30, it got 10 times of the 25 that ARE in xora? Why will it not get that time, from xora and pull into methods?

Michael Jones
    Dynamic Construction
  • 12-10-2009 4:26 PM In reply to

Michael,

We are looking into this and will update you as soon as we can.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 12-15-2009 12:33 PM In reply to

Val:

I also have this problem.  If I edit a time entry in Xora, Method will not pick it up.  I really hope you can determine where the problem lies so we can get Xora edited time with Method..  Although I do most editing in Method, there are times when it is easier or best to edit it first in Xora.  I look forward to your reply.

Delores

• 12-16-2009 8:51 AM In reply to

Michael,

I took a long hard look at your Method account and compared it to the entries in your Xora account for November 30th entry by entry, job by job for every employee. It’s been determined the issue lies with your Method and/or Xora account setup.

I’ve listed just one example below:

In Method your employee ‘John’ has a valid Xora employee # but it actually belongs to James not John. You though you are fetching time for John when Method is really fetching time for James.

Not all your problems are consistent making it difficult to isolate them all. I also noticed some spelling errors. Please have a good systematic look at your account set up. You can get more help from our end via consulting time. If any issue is ever found to be a fault of Method we would refund the amount paid for consulting time.

Hope this helps,

Delores,

Welcome and thank you for posting to our forum. As per our last conversation, I’ll need you to send me details on the steps you are taking.  What is the unedited info from Xora, what are you changing and finally what does Method show? Notice the order this is done is also very important. One example will do.

Thank you,

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >