Method Community

Report generation questions involving charts and grouping by month

Last post 01-24-2012 9:13 AM by Method_Michael. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-23-2012 12:23 PM

Report generation questions involving charts and grouping by month

Hi Method Team,

I am trying to update a couple of the default reports that you have in the system that generate the charts of the Home Dashboard and create a few new ones, some involving charts and some not. The major issue I am running into with any report involving a chart is that I can't seem to get back into the chart wizard once it has been closed. Is there anyway to get this to open back up after the chart has been generated to edit the graph? I have tried using the property grid on the right hand side but it doesn't seem to be getting the job done.

Additionally I am trying to create a count of new opportunity records entered by month so that my employer can track her monthly volume of proposals. I would like to create this as a graph and as a text report with a page break at the end of each month. I have watched both of the webinars covering report generation and still haven't really found an answer to my issues. 

Thanks in Advance,

Lori

• 01-24-2012 9:13 AM In reply to

Re: Report generation questions involving charts and grouping by month

Answer

Hi Lori-

Inclusivitie:
    I am trying to update a couple of the default reports that you have in the system that generate the charts of the Home Dashboard and create a few new ones, some involving charts and some not. The major issue I am running into with any report involving a chart is that I can't seem to get back into the chart wizard once it has been closed. Is there anyway to get this to open back up after the chart has been generated to edit the graph? I have tried using the property grid on the right hand side but it doesn't seem to be getting the job done.

When you click on a Chart so that it is highlighted you should see > appear, click the > and then click Run Wizard

Inclusivitie:
    Additionally I am trying to create a count of new opportunity records entered by month so that my employer can track her monthly volume of proposals. I would like to create this as a graph and as a text report with a page break at the end of each month. I have watched both of the webinars covering report generation and still haven't really found an answer to my issues.

This can get tricky and is a bit advanced but this is possible. 

You would need to do the following:

1. In the report designer create 2 calculated fields one that extracts the Month and one that extracts the year (Theres a webinar on creating calculated fields). The reason you need the year is that you may have Jan 2011 and Jan 2012 and unless you group by Month and Year they will be grouped together.
    2. Add those calculated fields to your group header.
    3. In your group footer set the Page Break property to After the Band
    -Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)