Method Community

problems setting up customer/lead number for files

Last post 03-20-2012 3:27 PM by Method_Valbon. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-20-2012 10:17 AM

problems setting up customer/lead number for files

Hi, I am a new user and am trying to add a customer/file number to new leads/customers.  I copied the screens for customers (QB) and customers / leads (CRM) then dragged the account number field into the new screens but when I signed out, let the three fields update and signed back in, it still does not show the number field.  Do I need to do something different to get this to show up? I want to pull in our current lead files but they are all assigned their own specific file number and I need tha to get started. Thanks!

Also, I uploaded our logo yesterday but it resized it so it appears smaller than we would like.  Is there a way to make that bigger without customization?

Thank you!!

(I had started with first two webinars under customization and followed those directions for adding the field)

• 03-20-2012 3:27 PM In reply to

Re: problems setting up customer/lead number for files

Hi Anita - welcome!

If this customer/file number field is truly related to customers you'll want to add a field to the customer table in order to hold this data. You can dot his from Customize>>>Tables / Fields and locate the Customer table.

Once that's done, this field will be available on the New Leads screen and the New Customer screen. However, you will also want to add it to the screens that allow you to edit the lead and customer. Since all these screens are built off the same table its a simple drag and drop customization. :)

Since its a customer/file number, chances are its for the main customer (or lead) only so you won't see this available on the Leads and Contacts List or Customer and Contacts List because those grids are built off the contact table. There are ways to list this customer/file number there too..just reply back if that's what you want.

I'll look into the logo question for you next.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)