Method Community

Currency Issues - For non-US users!

Last post 05-23-2012 9:03 AM by Anonymous. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-01-2012 11:37 AM

Currency Issues - For non-US users!

I have amended the default currency from USD to GBP for Method but it seems to do very little on the Home Dashboard which still shows numbers in USD and converted via some Exchange Rate by the looks of things too.

How do I get GBP showing throughout my screens?

Thanks

Alan

• 05-01-2012 11:49 AM In reply to

Re: Currency Issues - For non-US users!

Okay - forget the conversion rate - that I have figured out, but I still would like my Home Dashboard to display a £ symbol not a $ symbol.

For what it is worth, I am running Windows 7 64-Bit with all regional settings set to UK settings, so it isn't a Windows setting.

I am also using Chrome v 18.0.1025.162 m in case that has any bearings on life.

• 05-01-2012 12:42 PM In reply to

Hi ahardist,

ahardist:
    but I still would like my Home Dashboard to display a £ symbol not a $ symbol.

If your regional settings are changed make sure you also change your currency format.  Under the regional settings page there's an additional button - the second tab here is for currency and you should be able to change it to the £.  Once you make these changes you should see this reflected in the charts on the dashboard.  

Here are some screenshots showing my regional settings, an invoice and my home dashboard.

Please let me know if you have any problems.  It's good to note once you change the settings you might need to restart your browser.

~C

• 05-01-2012 1:24 PM In reply to

Hi Chad,

Sadly it isn't that simple.  All my Regional / Currency / Localisation settings are set correctly (I have been in IT Support for the past 20+ years) and I have closed and re-opened Chrome, tried a different Chrome profile, tried IE and still I see the $ symbol instead of the £ symbol.

I see that there is a Currency table in Method but no means to view / edit the contents.  Should I be looking to the table for clues?

Alan

• 05-01-2012 2:12 PM In reply to

ahardist:
    Sadly it isn't that simple.

You're correct here, after I made this post I went to review my home dashboard and the currency setting hadn't changed on me (even though the chage was reflected in the report designer).  While digging deeper I found what the problem is, the reports shown on the home dashboard are generated server side then displayed so its respecting the server's local settings.  I was able to see £ when I made the report a PDF instead but that doesn't help with the display on the homepage.

If you want to create the report as a PDF, when customizing your screen, the report object has an option in the settings for the format.  If you change this to PDF and trigger it on a button you should be able to see the report generated with your local regional preferences.

~C

• 05-01-2012 2:29 PM In reply to

Thanks Chad,

I'm not looking to change the report to a PDF - would rather have the Home Dashboard displayed in my local currency.

What is the point then of the setting in Customize> Display> Default Currency Symbol?  It doesn't seem to take much notice of this setting and this is where I would expect the setting to be read from and not the server.

Alan

• 05-01-2012 2:56 PM In reply to

ahardist:
    What is the point then of the setting in Customize> Display> Default Currency Symbol?

This changes the way the currency is displayed within Method - like on the invoice screen.

I also wanted to let you know that I raised this issue with our dev team and will update this thread with more details.  The reports on the home dashboard should respect your local preferences.  Stay tunned!

~C

• 05-01-2012 3:15 PM In reply to

Ah okay - thank you.

Will wait for the dev team to get the localisation to work.

Appreciate your help.

Alan

• 05-23-2012 9:03 AM In reply to

ahardist:
    Will wait for the dev team to get the localisation to work.

Just wanted to update you that this has been fixed and will show up on the next live site publish.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)