Method Community

Report Designer Sub Detail Lines

Last post 08-21-2012 10:24 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-21-2012 6:28 AM

Report Designer Sub Detail Lines

All,

I have been working on expanding our estimate system to include a sub table for the estimate lines.  The idea behind the table is that we have a service item that might have several individual quotes that would role up into one line of the esitmate.  In order to track and keep that information directly tied to the esitmate but to not to expose all of our detail to our customers, we created a sub detail table that attaches at the line level of the estimate.  All works great in Method.

In the Report Designer, I can not seem to figure out a way to show the sublines as a detail report of the referenced estimate line.  It looks as though the Report Designer requires that sub tables have to tie to the Master table.  So i created a link to the master estimate table as well.  What I ended up with is all the sub-items show up under each estimate line instead of just the specific estimate line it is acutally tied to.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

• 08-21-2012 10:24 AM In reply to

Re: Report Designer Sub Detail Lines

Answer

SMcGovern:
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm not that familiar working with sub sub-sets of data inside the report designer but it looks like I am only able to add 1 level of detail to a report.  I tried to mimic what you did by creating a EstimateLineSub table linked to both Estimate and EstimateLine.  In the report designer though I am unable to nest EstimateLineSub inside the EstimateLine detail report so it may not be possible.  This is outside my knowledge area but you may need to work with a calculated field script in the report designer and build a query that has the information you need.

Showing the detail report for EstimateLine.

Trying to add another DetailReport under EstimateLine does not work.

HTH

~C

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)