Method Community

Activities or follow-up

Last post 08-23-2012 10:40 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-23-2012 9:57 AM

• MikeN
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-23-2012
    • Posts 1

Activities or follow-up

I am new to MethodCRM so please be gentle. When adding a new lead how do I "stamp" that lead for an activity or follow-up. Also, where will that entry show up? is it a list or on a calendar?

• 08-23-2012 10:40 AM In reply to

Re: Activities or follow-up

Answer

Hi MikeN,

First up, welcome to Method CRM!  

MikeN:
    I am new to MethodCRM so please be gentle.

always Wink

MikeN:
    When adding a new lead how do I "stamp" that lead for an activity or follow-up.

There are a few ways you can do this but you probably want to stamp your leads using the Lead Status and Lead Rating fields on the New Lead screen.  Under lead status use; Open for lead that have not been contacted yet, Qualified for leads that meet buying criteria and Unqualified for leads that do not meet your buying criteria.  In addition with the Lead Rating field you probably want to stamp your new leads that require immediate follow-up as Open and Hot.  You can also use the campaign field to further sort your leads by how you acquired them.

MikeN:
    Also, where will that entry show up?

A new lead will show up under the Leads and Contacts List and you can sort this list by various criteria under the Filter by view dropdown.

MikeN:
    is it a list or on a calendar?

The follow-up stamp would have to be manually applied through an activity.  Once your leads have been added to Method CRM I would use our List Builder tool (located under Campaigns > List Builder) to add an activity assigning all new leads to someone handling callbacks.  Give the activity type of Phone Call Outgoing so you know what the activity is and add any additional comments that may be relevant to the call back.  I would also schedule a follow-up at the same time to make sure your new leads don't get forgotten after their initial contact.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding leads or how to utilize Method to track and follow-up with them.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)