Method Community

Add a Link to Customers Tab

Last post 12-12-2012 3:00 PM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-12-2012 8:22 AM

Add a Link to Customers Tab

I created a new screen for all of my company's contracts, but I want to link the customer name back to the actual screen of the customer I clicked on, like how the activity list screen does. I tried to mimic that screen, but I can't link my entity field to fullName only the recordID. What am I not getting? 

• 12-12-2012 12:02 PM In reply to

Re: Add a Link to Customers Tab

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Can you tell me what table your contracts screen is based off of?  Also, how do you mean you want to mimic the activity screen exactly?  Do you mean the Go to link that takes you to the activity, so you'd want a link that takes you to the customer screen?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-12-2012 12:37 PM In reply to

No, sorry, I meant the Work Order List Screen, where if you click the customer, in the customer part of the grid it actually takes you to the add/edit customer screen with all of the customer's information filled in. 

Also, my contracts screen is based off of my contracts table...that I made...err, is that bad? Do you need to know what's in my contracts table and what items are linked to?

Thanks!

Maia

P.S. I've only been working with method for 6 days now Surprise

• 12-12-2012 3:00 PM In reply to

Answer

Okay, I see what you're saying now.  What you'll need to do is create an action on the customer field in the grid.  What I would suggest is to copy the work order list screen, edit the grid and take a look at the actions on the entity field.  Those are the actions you'll need to pop up the customer screen from your grid.  

While it is not 'bad' to make your own table, we do recommend that you add fields to existing tables whenever possible.  This makes the modification of existing screens much easier and keeps the Method database more streamlined and organized.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)