Method Community

Setting up email through a server

Last post 01-30-2013 2:54 PM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-30-2013 9:03 AM

Setting up email through a server

Hi,

My problem is that every time that I input what I believe to be the necessary data to the edit email preferences, according to the support information in method, the pop up comes up that says that the action of sending the test email has timed out. We have a domain name that is hosted by collaborationhost.com, and so I use the companies domain name for the smtp server. I have played around with trying the host's domain name and other options but nothing has been able to work so far. Is there a problem with using certain domain host sites with this program? Is it my security settings for the network or email? Any help would be much appreciated.

Matt

• 01-30-2013 9:41 AM In reply to

Re: Setting up email through a server

Hi Matt,

I would contact your email provider and have them provide you with the smtp server you need.  You will also need them to enable Open Relay on the email server.  You can find more information on this on our Help Center: Why are emails from Method not being sent?

Hope this helps!

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-30-2013 10:17 AM In reply to

What are some recommended email server providers that are compatible with method?

• 01-30-2013 2:54 PM In reply to

Answer

Matt,

We don't officially recommend any email service providers.  If you're provider won't enable Open Relay for you, you can use SendGrid.  We use them here at Method.  They are strictly an SMTP relay provider, which will enable you to send emails as if they are coming directly from your email.  You can find more information about them here: SendGrid

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)