Method Community

Action - pause process.

Last post 11-02-2009 2:16 PM by Joe. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-02-2009 10:34 AM

• Joe
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-17-2009
    • Posts 97

Action - pause process.

Is there any way I could cause a set of actions to stop processing for a set number of (Minutes:Seconds) ?

Thanks,

~Joe

• 11-02-2009 2:01 PM In reply to

Re: Action - pause process.

Hi Joe,

This is not currently available as an action in Method but is something we can explore further during our meetings. What exactly are you trying to do? Let’s see if we can make use of our current actions first.

Thanks,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 11-02-2009 2:16 PM In reply to

• Joe
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-17-2009
    • Posts 97

Re: Action - pause process.

Hi Val.

Nothing already in method really supports the "timer" effect for actions.

I've got  a number of things i could use it for.

The simplest thing would be to have a timer set before something like a ShowMessage ... in case you wanted to recieve a message on your screen after you've been working for 45 minutes to remind you of something or to display some sort of caclulated information.

Quite simply -> Wait  (mmm:sss) long then do next action. And every time the "timer" action was "hit" it would wait that long to continue (freeing cpu time to other processes until its ready to show the message). So if i set up a button to wait 45m:10s to display me a message ... after recieving the message i could click the button again to start another wait to recieve the same or updated information in another 45m:10s.

I've got some other more complicated ideas, but that should be enough to understand what i'm trying to do.

~Joe

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)