Method Community

Copy Button Action

Last post 02-14-2013 8:37 AM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-14-2013 4:13 AM

Copy Button Action

hello, new user here and I'm doing some customisation.

our requirement is that Sales Orders are automatically emailed to customers. As such I think I have to add a 'save and email' button, a bit like on the invoices screen.

Question - is there an easy way to copy the 64 actions from the button on Invoice Screen to my new button on Sales Order screen - I know I can manually do it, but time consuming and prone to error.

Any help appreciated Smile

• 02-14-2013 8:37 AM In reply to

Re: Copy Button Action

Answer

Hi ubiquitas,

There is no way to copy an entire action set from another screen. You probably won't need all 64 actions to achieve what you want, depending on what you're looking to do.  Sending the pdf (from Print Preview) is quite simple.  You would have to run the Generate Report action on the save button and attach the action result from it as an attachment to an Send Email action.  You would also need to use additional actions to get the customers email and customize the email body.  I'd try to understand what the actions are doing on the invoice screen, and apply the ones you need.  I'd suggest watching our Webinars on customization and look at our Help Center's section on customization.  We're also here if you have any questions.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)