Method Community

Transferring Data into QuickBooks TAKES FOREVER

Last post 11-05-2009 9:22 AM by Method_Valbon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-04-2009 11:11 AM

Transferring Data into QuickBooks TAKES FOREVER

I don't know if anyone else has had a problem with data lag but this is what's happening.

Once I hit "SEND ALL TO QUICKBOOKS," it processes immediately and says "89 records sent to quickbooks."

Then I go to QuickBooks and NOTHING IS THERE. I set a timer....20, 30, 40, 50 minutes pass....

About 2 hours later, the data appears in the timesheets. WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG?

Someone please help. This is very annoying.

• 11-04-2009 4:58 PM In reply to

Re: Transferring Data into QuickBooks TAKES FOREVER

We really need more info to determine the root of the issue. I will assume that your internet connection is a reliable high-speed connection and there are no bottle necks with internal network traffic.

Where is your QuickBooks file located? Make sure it is on a machine that can process all QuickBooks requests as well as any other processes that might be running. Is the main QuickBooks file on a server or a local machine?

Do you have QuickBooks installed on more than one computer? This is especially important because computers other than the ‘main’ computer Method syncs with will not see changes if the ‘main’ computer does not have QuickBooks open. Double check the correct company file and Method Engine are running.

Let me know if this works or provide more information.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 11-05-2009 8:35 AM In reply to

We have a high speed connection. We also have a small amount of network traffic, We run three computers on QuickBooks, but the system that hosts the company files is the one that downloads the method data and sends it to QuickBooks.The method engine is running. We checked that a couple times. We have had two issues with the method engine stopping randoming -- going into a "not responding" mode and quitting. That has only happened twice and we weren't even downloading any data at the time, so it is probably not related. It's just strange that the data transfer is taking over an hour when it used to take a minute when we first started. Let me know what I should try and I'll try it.

Also, it might be important to note that our QuickBooks file is very very large. QuickBooks has encouraged us to upgrade to Enterprise because of the size of our company file. We haven't seen any lag time on our end, but QuickBooks says we're getting too large.

• 11-05-2009 9:22 AM In reply to

Have you tried to uninstall and do a complete reinstall of the Method Integration engine from all machines?

Since this is not working but was working in the past, it often suggests some kind of change has occurred. Changes in QuickBooks, the machine(s), network environment are just some of the possible factors making it difficult for us to resolve quickly over the forum.

One option to speed up this process is to schedule some paid consulting time with your business systems consultant. If it is an issue on the client end you simply pay for the consulting time used. If we determine the issue was on our end you will not be charged.

Keep me in the loop,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)