Method Community

Unique Records

Last post 03-12-2013 9:24 AM by Method_Samreen. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-10-2013 7:56 PM

Unique Records

I suspect I'm missing something really obvious!

I've created a copy of CRM_CustomerEdit > I've then deleted the Opportunities section and replaced with another section I've called security. In this section I have a gride with username/IP Address/Password etc etc.

THe problem I have is that I cant figure out how to link that grid to a specific customer record. Each time I create a record in that grid it displays under whichever customer I select.

How do I create a record in that grid so that it is uniqwue to that customer?

Thanks.

• 03-11-2013 10:15 AM In reply to

Re: Unique Records

Hi simplywales,

Can you let me know how you have the new section setup a little more in detail please. Are the new fields you mentioned username/IP Address/Password coming from your own table maybe called Security or are they fields you created in the Customer table?

- Sam

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services

Sam Tariq
    Customization Solutions Expert
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 03-11-2013 10:47 AM In reply to

I think I tried both methods.

Currently I have a grid set up as 'list data from which table? Detached: Equipment Table' As I say I believe I also tried this by adding the fields to the customer table as well.

I tried for so long to get it to work right last night I can't really remember what I tried and what I didn't! It all looks as I would expect it to and I've added Save and New buttons which also work perfectly. However, as I say the records I eneter in the grid are not remaining unique to the open customer instead it appears to be set up as a generic one that shares the data in it across all customer records.

I'd be ever so grateful if we could get this working.

Thanks.

Marc

• 03-11-2013 12:10 PM In reply to

Hi Marc,

You can create a dropdown field in your Equipment table to link to the Customer Name field from theCustomer table. This will help you assign records to a specific customer which you can then view in your custom Edit Customer Screen.
    - Sam.

Sam Tariq
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 03-11-2013 2:22 PM In reply to

Hi Sam,

I'm going to go away and try yjis but if I'm understanding you correctly this will be a manual process?

If so I need something that auto links just like the transaction grid does. That doesn't need a dropdown to link to the current record. You see I want to use this in my customer portal to allow my customers to keep records of usernames/passwords etc etc What I cannot allow due to Data Protection etc is for a customer to see a full list of all my customers in a dropdown list.

Appreciate your help, thanks.

Marc

• 03-11-2013 4:33 PM In reply to

Hi Marc,

We need to clarify if this is for the customer or for contacts? If we take a quick example where we have a company called MyCompany which is the customer and has 5 contacts under the Customer called contact1, contact2 etc. How are you trying to make this? Are you trying to have the information displayed based on a customer level? So if any of the contacts under customer MyCompany login they will be able to view or edit the customers username, password etc. or each contact who logs in is able to edit or add username and password specific to them?

- Sam.

Sam Tariq
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 03-12-2013 5:55 AM In reply to

Method_Samreen:

We need to clarify if this is for the customer or for contacts? Are you trying to have the information displayed based on a customer level? So if any of the contacts under customer MyCompany login they will be able to view or edit the customers username, password etc.

This is what I am trying to do.

Thanks.

• 03-12-2013 9:24 AM In reply to

Hi Marc,

Are you using your custom table Equipment to store more data aside from customer username, password etc.? In the given case making the fields that the customer will be able to view or enter information into part of the customer table will be very helpful. 

- Sam.

Sam Tariq
    Method Integration Inc.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)