Method Community

Setting up reminders/ automatic emails

Last post 06-24-2013 9:01 AM by Method_Samuel. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-23-2013 12:32 PM

Setting up reminders/ automatic emails

I would like to know if its possible to have Method CRM automatically email out a series of reminder emails to customers that are overdue on invoices?  For instance, on the day any particular invoice is 5 days past due, an email is triggered, with a particular message, and sent to the billing contact on file.  And then to have this same action repeated, with a different message on the day the invoice is 30 days past due, 60 days past due, etc.  If this is possible, how would i go about achieving it?

Also, on this same issue, is it possible to have reminder emails/activity sent to the credit manager of my company on certain days (invoice is 20 days past due, 40 days, etc) so that they know when to call a particular customer. 

I know all of this can be done manually by pulling reports of past due invoices and sending emails, but i'm hoping i can set up some templates and actions and have this done automatically in the background.   Please advise.  

• 06-24-2013 9:01 AM In reply to

Re: Setting up reminders/ automatic emails

Answer

Hi David,

The functionality to automatically email customers with overdue invoices is not a part of the current version of Method. However, you or your credit manager can you use the List Builder feature to easily generate a list of invoices based on due date range, and then send an email template with the appropriate information.

1) Go to Campaigns -> List Builder

2) Under the Step 1: Fill your list tab, you can select a due date range for invoices. Method will then create a list of customers with invoices in the specifed range

3) Go through each step. Step 3 will allow you to create an Activity for those customers, and Step 4 will allow you to send them an email. *Note: Don't forget to check Add Activity? and Send email using template?

4) Process the list (create activites / send emails) by clicking Process List on Step 5.

Although this is not automatic, list builder will allow you to easily locate and contact customers with overdue invoices.

Sam

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services

Sam Novak
    Customization Solutions Expert
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)