Method Community

Quick question

Last post 08-05-2013 6:25 AM by Method_Adam. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-31-2013 9:46 AM

Quick question

This question came in from Anwar:

We want have customer phone number as Customer Lead Name or an auto generated number.  I can see that First name, M.I. and last names make the Lead Name automatically?

Hi Anwar,

Yes the Lead Name and/or the Contact are automatically generated after entering the last name of the lead using the first name, last name and middle initial.  This is done with action on the "Lose Focus" event on the Last Name field.

To make the phone number the Lead name, you would have to add an action on the Lose Focus event on the Phone Number field. The action would be "Enter value into field on screen", where you'd take the phone number value and place it in the Lead name field.  ou

One important question I have with this is why you'd want the phone number as the Lead Name? Once this lead becomes a Customer, it will sync with QuickBooks and become the Customer name. Is that really what you want to do? Are your current QuickBooks customers all phone numbers?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 08-05-2013 3:53 AM In reply to

Thank you very much for prompt response...

Dear Mr. Adam, 

Thank you for prompt response and applogies for late thank note...

Anyway Thank you a lot...

Where can find complete reference of all Method actions along with examples? 

Regards,

ASK AINiT.net.au

• 08-05-2013 6:25 AM In reply to

Re: Thank you very much for prompt response...

Answer

Hi,

You can find a list of Method actions and some examples on our Action References section of the Help Center.  If you have any additional questions, let us know and we'll be happy to help.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)