Method Community

Syncing additional (secondary) QB customer contacts with CRM

Last post 09-25-2013 4:57 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-25-2013 12:19 PM

Syncing additional (secondary) QB customer contacts with CRM

In one of the recent QB upgrades for Enterprise 13.0, QB added a tab for secondary contacts on the customer information card.  How do I get these contacts to sync with CRM?

• 09-25-2013 3:24 PM In reply to

Re: Syncing additional (secondary) QB customer contacts with CRM

Hi kbquinn,

From what i can see, with some quick testing, we can sync over an Alternative Contacts "name" field for each Customer, but only if when adding this to Quickbooks, you use the contact type as "Secondary Contact".  However, this appears to be the only field from this area that will get synced over if you take this approach.  If you require these alternate/secondary contacts additional details you would have to add them manually to Method. 

May I ask why this has come up, have you been using this area in Quickbooks for alternative contacts?  Method has the ability to add more than one contact per Customer, even though the contacts can't get pushed over to QuickBooks, you can add all of their contact details here and keep it organized under each Customer.  Would it work for you to use Method to store the alternative contacts?

-Ben

• 09-25-2013 3:43 PM In reply to

We have some users that just use QB and others that just use Method, depending on their need for information.  Having the contacts sync in both spots is optimal for us.  We can manually enter in both spots, but I was hoping to avoid that.

• 09-25-2013 4:57 PM In reply to

Kbquinn,

At this point, I am not completely sure if Method just isn't accessing these fields from QuickBooks because it has not yet been setup, or if this is a Quickbooks SDK limitation.  Either way, unfortunately at this time, Method does not have the ability to sync with these other alternative contact fields, other than the QuickBooks Secondary Contact Name field.  I did find a blog post here, which discusses the alternative contact in a little further detail, as well as the AltPhone field.  If I can get any more information on this topic, I will make sure to post back to this thread.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)