Method Community

Nothing is working

Last post 05-18-2010 4:18 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-14-2010 7:46 PM

• bob
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • Posts 14

Nothing is working

Okay so I'm kinda getting tired of having to get method to launch correctly and to
    sync. Again my admin station just sits there doing nothing. it looks like its trying
    to sync, but in my task manager it shows 2 method integration items opened and
    both are "Not Responding". This is now happening to all my computers with
    method on them. What is going on. This has been down all day today(Friday).

Also I have one person logging into method and working, data entering, but because
    method keeps failing to sync properly, she has already lost 2 whole days of work
    because everything she entered in method DID NOT SYNC with quickbooks.
    This is getting to the point where we are asking ourselves if method is really
    the right tool.

What does this mean, "Error: There was an exception running the extensions specified in the config file. ---' Maximum request length exceeded.'"?

Also we keep getting "out of memory" errors when we are in method. And this is happening when we are doing small simple stuff. Why would we run out of memory?

Lastly, I noticed that under the "Quickbooks" tab where it has the Full Sync and Sync Changes buttons. There is "Computers to sync with:" This once had one of my computers, now it shows no computer there. How do I reapply which computer its to sync with?

Bob

p.s.
    Here are the latest errors:
    5/14/2010 5:56:25 PM ERROR'MESSAGE'There was an exception running the extensions specified in the config file. ---' Maximum request length exceeded./MESSAGE'STACKTRACE'   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[ parameters)
       at MethodIntegrationEngine.localhost.Service.fnSetQuickBooksReport(String sDatabaseName, Int32 intRecordID, String sReportName, Byte[ ReportStreamByte, String sWebServiceEncryptionKey, Int32 intSecurityID)
       at MethodIntegrationEngine.QuickBooks.fnProcessQuickBooksReports(String sDataBaseName)/STACKTRACE'XML'Success/XML'/ERROR'5/14/2010 5:41:03 PM 'Entity' 1 modification(s)

5/14/2010 5:40:49 PM Error: There was an exception running the extensions specified in the config file. ---' Maximum request length exceeded.'------company file open------
    5/14/2010 5:32:07 PM QB file

Please help.

• 05-17-2010 11:31 AM In reply to

Re: Nothing is working

Answer

Bob,

Thanks for providing the details of your situation.  It appears as though you have requested a giant report from QuickBooks, and that is causing the slow down and errors.

I'll break it down to help you understand what is happening:

-When the Method Integration Engine does its first sync with QuickBooks each day it looks to see if any reports under QuickBooks > Scheduled reports are due.  If there are due reports then it puts a request into Home > Reports for today’s report.
    -On each sync, the Method Integration Engine then looks at all pending report requests under Home > Reports and builds one report at a time.
    -There is one or more reports being requested that are requesting a huge amount of data from QuickBooks.  QuickBooks is then compiling the report and putting it into XML format for us.  This will take longer than just showing the report in QuickBooks directly since it has to prepare it for us.
    -The Out of Memory warning is actually coming from QuickBooks, not from Method. QuickBooks is running out of memory while it is preparing this report.
    -Under Home > Reports the report is not getting flagged as being successfully generated, so the next sync, 20 minutes later, is causing this to happen over and over. 
    -Since it is happening over and over, it is preventing the rest of sync from completing.  QuickBooks is also probably locking up while it is constantly trying to compile this large report to give to Method.

How to solve it:
    -To prove this is the issue:
    1) Go to Home > Report, and select and then delete any reports that have a blank date under the Generated column.  This is usually the last page of the Existing QuickBooks Reports.
    2) Go to QuickBooks > Scheduled Reports and edit the culprit report and make it inactive.
    -If this issue goes away, then you know this was the source of the problem.  You can then reactive your report under QuickBooks > Scheduled Reports and this time edit the filters to make the amount of date it is pulling smaller.

We’re going to look into ways to make this more obvious for future versions, to prevent this from happening on subsequent calls after a first failed attempt.

Keep me posted.

• 05-17-2010 6:28 PM In reply to

• bob
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • Posts 14

Thank you I will try that. I'll let you know how it goes.

• 05-17-2010 7:54 PM In reply to

• bob
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • Posts 14

Okay i checked and there are no Reports being generated and no scheduled reports
    We do have some generated ones but they are all "inactive". When I tried to log into quickbooks and method launched,it looked like it was okay, but when I went and tried to do a "Full Sync", method freezes and will not do anything, indefinitetly.
    I end up having to force method to end task. Also quickbooks doesn't close once this happens cause
    it says that method is keeping it open, and that I have to close method and then quit. But there is
    no method open cause i already "End Task" it, so I end up having to force quickbooks to quit also, by
    using the "End Task" option.

So method is still not syncing when I ask it to do a full sync. Why is it freezing? Please help thank you.

• 05-18-2010 2:43 PM In reply to

• bob
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • Posts 14

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Gisha; panose-1:2 11 5 2 4 2 4 2 2 3; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-2147481593 1073741890 0 0 33 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText {mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-link:"Plain Text Char"; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.5pt; font-family:"Gisha","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} span.PlainTextChar {mso-style-name:"Plain Text Char"; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-locked:yes; mso-style-link:"Plain Text"; mso-bidi-font-size:10.5pt; font-family:"Gisha","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Gisha; mso-hansi-font-family:Gisha;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

One more thing, i mentioned this before but didn't get an answer to this. When I log into method online, and I go to the Quickbooks tab, under the "Synchronize" section where it says "Computers To Sync with:" It used to have the name of the computer, but now it says "This account has no computer assigned". How do I correct this?

To add to that, I tried launching method last night again, it seemed like it froze again, but this time i left it over night and these are the error messages I got after I left the method run all night to this morning.

5/18/2010 9:07:49 AM Error: The operation has timed out'5/18/2010

8:42:00 AM Error: The operation has timed out'5/18/2010 8:16:20

AM Error: The operation has timed out'5/18/2010 7:50:42 AM Error:

The operation has timed out'5/18/2010 7:25:06 AM Error: The

operation has timed out'5/18/2010 6:59:30 AM Error: There was an

exception running the extensions specified in the config file.

---' Maximum request length exceeded.'5/18/2010 6:34:06 AM Error:

There was an exception running the extensions specified in the

config file. ---' Maximum request length exceeded.'5/18/2010

6:08:42 AM Error: There was an exception running the extensions

specified in the config file. ---' Maximum request length

exceeded.'5/18/2010 5:43:13 AM Error: There was an exception

running the extensions specified in the config file. ---' Maximum

request length exceeded.'5/18/2010 5:17:50 AM Error: There was an

---' Maximum request length exceeded.'5/18/2010 4:52:27 AM Error:

4:27:06 AM Error: There was an exception running the extensions

exceeded.'5/18/2010 4:01:41 AM Error: There was an exception

request length exceeded.'5/18/2010 3:36:15 AM Error: There was an

---' Maximum request length exceeded.'5/18/2010 3:10:54 AM Error:

2:45:30 AM Error: There was an exception running the extensions

exceeded.'5/18/2010 2:20:06 AM Error: There was an exception

request length exceeded.'5/18/2010 1:54:41 AM Error: There was an

---' Maximum request length exceeded.'5/18/2010 1:29:16 AM Error:

1:03:52 AM Error: There was an exception running the extensions

exceeded.'5/18/2010 12:38:27 AM Error: There was an exception

request length exceeded.'5/18/2010 12:13:02 AM Error: There was

an exception running the extensions specified in the config file.

---' Maximum request length exceeded.'5/17/2010 11:47:33 PM

Error: There was an exception running the extensions specified in

the config file. ---' Maximum request length exceeded.'5/17/2010

11:22:06 PM Error: There was an exception running the extensions

exceeded.'5/17/2010 10:56:42 PM Error: There was an exception

request length exceeded.'5/17/2010 10:31:18 PM Error: There was

an exception running the extensions specified in the config file.

---' Maximum request length exceeded.'5/17/2010 10:05:50 PM

Error: There was an exception running the extensions specified in

the config file. ---' Maximum request length

exceeded.'------company file open------

5/17/2010 9:59:55 PM QB file: Vaporbrothers2004

Please help us, my co-workers are starting to complain and express that they do not think this is working for us. So please figure out why method is not working for us.

• 05-18-2010 4:18 PM In reply to

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the message, please let me know if everything works out.

For other users: As it turns out there was another user who had scheduled reports assigned to them.  Bob will remove those reports and make then inactive and let us know if that fixes the issue.  Note, when you log in you can only see reports assigned to you, even if you log in as admin. For furture reference, please ensure you either get all Method users to log into their account to verify if they have any large reports or you log in as those users and verify.  

Thanks Bob, keep me posted!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)