Method Community

Method Keeps Quickbooks from closing.

Last post 06-04-2010 10:04 AM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-03-2010 4:58 PM

• bob
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • Posts 14

Method Keeps Quickbooks from closing.

Hello all, just wondering why quickbooks doesn't close sometimes. It gives a message saying that
    method is keeping it open and that quickbooks will not close until method is closed.

This doesn't happen with all the quickbooks, but it has been happening with one user enough
    to say that its a problem. We end up having to shutdown Method, and still not being able to close
    quickbooks we end up having to force quit quickbooks which I don't like doing.

Let me know what to do, thanks.
    bob

• 06-04-2010 9:43 AM In reply to

Re: Method Keeps Quickbooks from closing.

Hey Bob,

We are aware that this can happen, it has to do with the syncing of Method and QB. If Method is in the middle of a sync, it will not stop on its own so you can close QB. This makes sense because the file is in use and QB is setup to not shut down until all plug-ins are finished sending data. You can manually stop Method and close it if you really want to close QB, we recommend letting the sync finish.

Method runs “Changes Only” syncs every 20 minutes by default, this is like scrapping the bottom of the barrel for anything that was missed in a sync. If you make this setting higher, you will lessen the number of syncs and this may help reduce the amount of times you run into this message.

• 06-04-2010 10:04 AM In reply to

Re: Method Keeps Quickbooks from closing.

Hey Bob,

I just wanted to add in the steps on how to disconnect and shut down the Method Sync Engine.

1, Right click on the Method Icon in your task bar and select "Display"

2, When the Method Sync Engine pops up, click "Disconnect"

3, Click File > Shut Down

After following these steps, Method will be closed.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)